- Expired: January 20, 2023. Applications are no longer accepted.
Hybrid Position - 2-3 days in the office. Our offices are located at 444 N. Michigan Ave Chicago, IL
The American Dental Hygienists' Association (ADHA) is seeking an experienced financial professional to be a strategic partner and support the Accounting Team. Our opportunity offers autonomy and visibility to ADHA's leadership and our members. The Junior Accountant reports to the Director of Finance and we offer a healthy work-life balance.
Founded in 1923, ADHA is the largest national organization representing the professional interests of the more than 226,000 registered dental hygienists (RDHs) across the country. ADHA represents the needs of registered dental hygienists, dental hygiene students, and the greater oral care community through leadership, education, advocacy, and the value of belonging to a professional organization. ADHA is pleased to offer the following benefits:
- A generous time off package to include 15 Vacation days, 2 personal days and 10 sick days (pro-rated based on start date)
- 12 paid holidays
- Medical insurance through BCBS
- Employer Paid Life and LTD Insurance
- Employer-paid Dental insurance though MetLife
- 401k match and more...
For more information about our organization, please visit www.adha.org.
- Responsible for administering Accounts Payable functions, including preparation of invoices for processing vendor payments weekly or as needed for ADHA and IOH.
- Provide outstanding customer service and support to ADHA members, nonmembers, and constituent/component officers via phone and email regarding membership information and other ADHA activities.
- Responsible for invoicing and recording entries for Sponsorships, Partners, and miscellaneous activities.
- Reconcile accounting records to the general ledger. (Example: Diner's Card reconciliation includes review and catalogue receipts, ensure business reason and GL code has been provided for all charges on the credit card statement each month.)
- Audit month end close folder to ensure all journal entries have proper supporting documentation and authorization.
- Assist the Director of Finance in documenting SOP's for key accounting functions.
- Assist with the annual audit process. Provide support in dealing with auditors.
- Manage record retention process for the Association.
- Manage assigned special committees, ad hoc workgroups and task forces (i.e. Finance Committee).
- Participate in additional duties/projects as assigned.
Experience: 1-3 years of Accounting/Finance experience preferred; Association experience a plus.
- Demonstrated background in Accounts Payable and comprehensive understanding of accounting concepts.
- Experience using Great Plains, Association 501(C) 6 and 501(C) 3 in finance, and in AMS (Association Management System) and Microsoft Office applications preferred.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with a customer service focus.
- Ability to meet assigned deadlines and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Ability to act and operate independently with minimal daily direction from the Finance Director to accomplish position deliverables and meet team goals.
- Foster a positive and team-oriented work environment.
- Strong attention to detail focus.
- Maintain flexible work hours to ensure deadlines are met.
Education: Associate's degree in accounting preferred.
American Dental Hygienists' Association is an equal opportunity employer.
Key words: Junior Accountant, Jr. Accountant, Accountant, Jr. Acct., Acct., Accounts payable Accountant. AP Accountant, Junior Auditor, Jr. Auditor, Entry Level Accountant, Staff Accountant, Staff Acct., Accounting Associate
American Dental Hygienists' Association
Finance and Insurance
Get fresh Junior Controller jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.