The Data Analyst will be part of our growing Data & Analytics team. The person will work as both a technical business resource and data analyst to help gather business requirements based on value and effort, create reports and drive actionable insights.
This will be a hands-on technical role, which will require the ability to assess gaps in functionality and ensure they are corrected to suit the business needs.
The Analyst will be comfortable with the connection and analysis of disparate data sets from a variety of sources .
1. Work with managers and stakeholders to fully understand business requirements and desired outcomes
2. Document & record data definitions and structure as well as specifications for reports & dashboards
3. QA and test various calculations of dashboards based on business requirements
4. Develop & deploy various analytics dashboards
5. Assist in scoping & designing analytical projects and solutions.
6. Execute analytics projects ranging from small to large either individually or as part of a team
7. Ensure dashboard delivery within the allocated timelines and priorities
8. Generate queries & data dictionaries, analyse data and create visualization/dashboards related to audience and direct-to-consumer insights
9. Extract, understand, format and map data from multiple sources into cohesive reports
10. Utilize Business Intelligence tools to build reports and dashboards that will allow departments to visualize and interact with data
11. Identify gaps and areas of improvement related to data analytics
1. Data cleansing & preparation for analysis
3. Identify opportunities to create and automate repeatable analysis or build self-service tools for business users
4. Create repeatable processes to support similar business problems in the future
5. Stay current with new analytical tools and industry trends
Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Computer Science
Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with at least 2-3 years of work experience with Visualization tools
Proficiency & advanced level understanding of MS Excel, MS Access is a must
Deep experience in developing queries and reporting based upon user requirements
Thorough understanding of relational/non-relational databases
Understanding of SharePoint is a plus.
Hands-on, extensive & proven experience with data visualization tools such as Tableau and Power BI
Familiar with statistical packages such as R or the Python scientific stack (NumPy, SciPy, scikit-learn, etc.)
Strong analytical, critical thinking, and problem-solving skills
Ability and eagerness to constantly learn and teach other
Must have the legal right to work in the United States