American Cruise Lines is seeking a flexible and dynamic individual to deliver on-the-job training for hotel, restaurant, housekeeping, and hospitality staff at various locations around the country on board our fleet of ships. Our ideal candidate should be experienced in the Hospitality industry, and be familiar with basic fine dining standards, housekeeping standards, customer service, standard operating procedures, and other related areas. This candidate must be able to work autonomously as well as remotely in conjunction with home office goals and directives.
We are committed to providing a highly personalized, creative, and enjoyable learning environment for our Crew Members. We strive to teach and maintain the highest levels of service quality and customer satisfaction. Training new and current crew members will be challenging and rewarding. The position of Operations Trainer provides a great opportunity to play an essential role in the personal development of our team and contribute to the continued success of American Cruise Lines.
This position requires a significant amount of travel to various ships in order to ensure we meet and exceed the dining service, housekeeping, and customer service expectations of our guests. American Cruise Lines strives to continue delivering the perfect small ship cruise experience and the Operations Trainer plays an integral role.
- Facilitating recurrent training onboard American Cruise Lines ships for Shipboard officers and crew members
- Act in the role of Quality Control while onboard to ensure all company standards are being executed effectively and properly
- Ensure that crew members are trained, developed, and utilized to their maximum potential
- Ensuring exceptional quality of service through consistent standard training, development, and coaching
- Develop and organize training manuals, visual aids, and other educational materials
- Research and implement new training techniques and exercises with direct input from the training team ashore
- Additional administrative duties as required
- This position reports directly to the Training Department Manager
- Willingness to travel: this is a traveling position, and a majority of the time is spent onboard the ships during the season
- Bachelor’s Degree, Military, and or Teaching experience a plus
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent MS Office skills
- Meticulous attention to detail, ability to multi-task, ability think on your feet, and superior organizational skills
- Strong background in the hospitality industry
- Travel to desired U.S. destinations
- Full time position with comprehensive benefits
- Company match 401k
- Health and dental insurance
About Our Company: American Cruise Lines operates the newest and largest fleet of cruise ships in the United States, 3 of which are on the Mississippi River. The America and the Queen of the Mississippi are modern paddlewheelers reminiscent of steamboats from a bygone era, while the American Song is a brand new riverboat with contemporary décor. We offer a number of shipboard positions which provide the opportunity to cruise the most captivating destinations in the country including the East Coast, Mississippi River, Pacific Northwest, and Alaska. Take advantage of this opportunity to join a thriving company with over 30 years of experience. Create lasting memories on board, while exploring the beauty of America’s waterways.