American Cruise Lines, the largest cruise line in the United States, is looking to add multiple Executive Chefs to our shipboard team as we gear up for the busiest part of our operating season on America’s rivers. Our shipboard team supports a combined fleet of ships sailing through various different itineraries across the nation from contemporary riverboats to paddlewheel queens for a steamboat experience.
We make it a top priority to offer a first-class dining experience at every meal. Exceptional cuisine is prepared by chefs who have extensive culinary credentials and training from some of the most prestigious culinary institutes. Using only the freshest ingredients, menus are inspired by regional and local specialties. The Shipboard Executive Chef is responsible for delivering the best tasting food a culinary experience at every meal. This is a hands on working position. The Executive Chef will be intimately involved with every plate served to our passengers through general planning, preparation, and presentation. We are seeking those who will possess leadership and management skills while directing, coaching, supporting, supervising, and evaluating the performance of all Galley Crew Members.
While living onboard, our Chefs enjoy comfortable living quarters and a challenging culinary working environment. Our Galleys are new and well equipped with a spectacular view.
- Oversees the preparation of all the meals for our passengers
- Set-up, maintain, and breaks down station according to FDA Standards
- Taste all products produced to assess quality
- Be in direct contact with other culinary team members to keep track of product shortages and equipment maintenance issues
- Prepares and serves items in accordance with established procedures, recipes, portion size and presentations standards
- Maintains accurate counts on all food items prepared insuring no discrepancies in amount of food needed verses amount of food prepared
- Schedules production of all fresh ingredients to maintain an inventory of food at all times
- Use food production equipment according to manufacturer’s instructions
- Clean and maintain station while practicing exceptional safety, sanitation and organizational skills
- Maintains a professional appearance at all times
- Report to work as scheduled, in uniform, clean shaven (for males) and ready for the daily tasks at hand
- Maintain a professional relationship with all coworkers
- Ensure that each guest has a positive and memorable experience
- Understanding and knowledge of safety, sanitation and food handling procedures
- Commitment to quality service, and food & beverage knowledge
- Adapt and adjust on a daily basis as last minute requests or changes may occur
- Minimum 3 years Executive Chef experience in full service resort, hotel or cruise ship
- Familiar with food safety standards
- Capability to multi-task
- Ability to take direction
- MUST be a team player
- Ability to work with composure under pressure
- Possess problem solving skills, self-motivation, and organization
- Must be able to speak, read, and understand basic cooking recipes and adhere to directions
- An effective leader who is able to effectively control his/her time management
- Excellent oral communication and interpersonal skills
- Must be able to pass a pre-employment drug test
- Complete criminal background check
- Training and Teaching experience
About Our Company: American Cruise Lines operates the newest and largest fleet of cruise ships in the United States, 3 of which are on the Mississippi River. The America and the Queen of the Mississippi are modern paddlewheelers reminiscent of steamboats from a bygone era, while the American Song is a brand new riverboat with contemporary décor. We offer a number of shipboard positions which provide the opportunity to cruise the most captivating destinations in the country including the East Coast, Mississippi River, Pacific Northwest, and Alaska. Take advantage of this opportunity to join a thriving company with over 30 years of experience. Create lasting memories on board, while exploring the beauty of America’s waterways.