Cruise & Excursion Director
American Cruise Lines Orlando, FL
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
American Cruise Lines (ACL), the largest USA flagged cruise line in the United States, is looking to add Cruise & Excursions Directors to our shipboard team as we gear up for our 2021 season. ACL only operates within the USA. We have no more than 200 passenger vessels that create a one of a kind small ship experience. With newly constructed vessels being added to our fleet, we are now accepting applications for our shipboard management positions for our 2021 season!
The Cruise & Excursions Director is a hybrid role responsible for engaging guests both aboard and ashore. Onboard, the Cruise & Excursions Director is the most visible advocate for guests and is responsible for creating a fun atmosphere while engaging guests at all times through a series of activities, shows, events, presentations, communications and socializing throughout the cruise. Ashore, the Cruise & Excursions Director engages guests in each destination through a series of shoreside excursions, explorations and adventures while managing all shore excursions and transfer operations, external vendor/operator communications, premium excursion upselling and inventory management.
This role has the highest level of guest interaction and can be very demanding, with long hours. The role requires an energetic and creative person with extraordinarily polished presentation skills, a collaborative team spirit and a passion for guest satisfaction.
Reports to: Hotel Manager
- Schedule and execute engaging entertainment, enrichment and activity programs that enhance and elevate the guest experience.
- Create the daily Ship To Shore
- Effectively communicate to guests via the shipboard daily program, stage, public address system and one-on-one interaction and socialization.
- Be extraordinarily well-versed in the cruising region, ports of call and excursions offered.
- Confirm and adjust, as necessary, all shore excursions, explorations, adventures and transfers.
- Greet guests as they depart for and return from shore excursions.
- Accompany guests on daily excursions as a company representative and brand ambassador.
- Coordinate, communicate and confirm all logistics with vendors, coach companies, guides, ground operators and entertainers to ensure timely and smooth service; confirmations will be communicated in writing 48-hours in advance of every service (24-hours in advance in the case of Day 2 excursions).
- Accommodate guest requests, including highly personalized ones such as kayaking, golf tee times, and private transportation arrangements.
- Socialize with guests at every opportunity including, but not limited to, meal times and cocktail hour.
- Make daily Noon announcement/update; make every effort to make all PA announcements as the “voice” of the cruise.
- Present a detailed Officer’s Introduction and Excursions Briefing to guests at the beginning of every cruise.
- Assist in the delivery of the Safety Briefing with the Captain
- Ensure lounges are prepared for activities, events, presentations and shows (lounge configuration, stage set-up, background music, A/V requirements, etc.).
- Meet and greet step-on entertainers when they join the ship; conduct sound check and inspect stage set-up.
- Oversee excursion inventory and invoicing system; be fully responsible and accountable for system hardware.
- Manage launch boat operations with the Mate.
- Purchase morning newspapers in port each day.
- Oversee, manage inventory and display port information collateral for guests; coordinate with local CVBs to obtain and refresh maps, brochures and other port-/region-specific materials of interest to guests.
- Ensure that approved background music is playing in lounges before and after each activity, presentation and show.
- Create and update bulletin board daily.
- Coordinate weekly office inventory.
- Prepare folders and materials for turnaround day.
- Inform crew members of daily excursion offerings.
- Facilitate shore excursions component of the Hospitality Excellence Program.
- Monitor and evaluate performance of vendors, coach companies, guides, ground operators, motor coaches, entertainers and guest speakers, providing immediate course corrections when necessary.
- Oversee company representation at pre-cruise hotels on turnaround day (when applicable).
- Meet with Guest Speakers, Guest Instructors and Resident Entertainers at the start of every cruise to review scheduling.
- Promote on board sales and brand loyalty program.
- Communicate and report regularly to the Home Office as to the status of the cruise, excursion counts, guest issues and recovery, entertainment, enrichment and activities.
- Perform other reasonable duties as assigned by the Hotel Manager.
- Bachelor’s Degree in hospitality, tourism, or event management
- Enthusiasm, confidence, and a can-do attitude
- Strong public speaking skills
- Strong social skills
- Strong critical thinking skills
- Strong sense of production and presentation
- Basic knowledge of audio/visual equipment required
- Excellent time management and attention to detail
- Strong knowledge of U.S. Geography preferred
Our philosophy for success is simple; hire talented people then provide training, support systems and motivation so you will thrive. Long established and deeply experienced in cruise travel, American Cruise Lines has been honored with multiple awards.
American Cruise LinesWhy Work Here?
American Cruise Lines is the largest U.S. cruise company and operates the newest fleet of riverboats and small cruise ships around the country. Our people make the difference. We recognize that our employees have made, and will keep us America's leading river cruise specialist. Our philosophy for success is simple; hire talented people then provide training, support systems and motivation so you will thrive. Long established and deeply experienced in cruise travel, American Cruise Lines has been honored with multiple awards.