American Cruise Lines, the largest US cruise line, is seeking experienced Hotel and Dining Supervisors to help lead our crews in providing the highest level of personalized service. These are “hands-on” leadership positions, which will have you coaching, training, and supervising our restaurant and housekeeping crew members.
Once trained, we’ll fly you to one of our 10 small luxury cruise ships that travel throughout the Pacific Northwest, Mississippi River or Eastern seaboard. It’s a great chance to see the country, gain valuable experience and live rent free. This is a hospitality and food service management position that has you living and working in a resort hotel environment.
In this guest facing role you’ll have to rely on your customer service and interpersonal skills to be successful. You'll be managing the restaurant in a banquet style service perfect for someone familiar with managing large events. We look for people with a great floor presence who can also anticipate our passenger’s needs.
- Manage the relationship between the front and back of the house.
- Expedite food orders and manage banquet style dining service.
- Supervise a crew of 15+ wait staff and housekeepers.
- Help coordinate guest events and perform concierge duties throughout each cruise.
- Train, mentor and coach wait staff and housekeepers.
- Maintain the highest level of guest satisfaction.
- 1 to 3 years hotel and restaurant experience in a leadership role (banquet experience is preferred)
- Bachelor’s Degree in a hospitality or business field. College transcripts will be required during the interview process
- Experience in training and development of new employees a plus
- Proven track record in customer service
- Ability to work/travel for six weeks followed by two weeks of vacation throughout the year
Perks of the Job:
- Benefits package including optional health, dental, vision, and 401k
- Travel expenses are paid by American Cruise Lines
- Free meals, accommodations, and wi-fi mean that you have no expenses while on board
- Travel the country
- Upward mobility to General Management or corporate positions
American Cruise Lines is the largest U.S. cruise company and operates the newest fleet of riverboats and small cruise ships around the country. Our people make the difference. We recognize that our employees have made, and will keep us America's leading river cruise specialist. Our philosophy for success is simple; hire talented people then provide training, support systems and motivation so you will thrive.