Recreation Maintenance Member, Loon Lake Recreation
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
American Conservation Experience, a nonprofit Conservation Corps, in partnership with the Bureau of Land Management Coos Bay Field Office is seeking One Recreation Maintenance Member to dedicate 21 weeks working directly with the BLM staff and the public at Loon Lake Rec. Site/Campground.
This opportunity is intended for enthusiastic individuals with an interest in grounds maintenance, carpentry, plumbing, or a closely related field, who possess an interest in advancing their career goals in parks and recreation, natural resource management or trade careers.
Start Date: May 2022
End Date: * A minimum 21-week commitment is required from start*
Location: Reedsport, Oregon
Loon Lake Recreation Area/New River Area, Oregon. Loon Lake Recreation Area is located 20 miles east of Reedsport, Oregon. Situated in the heart of the Oregon Coastal Mountain Range, Loon Lake is a popular coastal recreation site hosting a premier campground with a warm, sandy beach surrounded by Douglas fir, Western hemlock, and Red cedar forests. Loon Lake covers 260 acres, is 2 miles long and 190' deep. During summer, the Lake is popular for boating, waterskiing, canoeing, kayaking, fishing, and swimming, as well as relaxing on the sandy beaches along the lake and forest. The campground is located adjacent to the lake, accessible by trails. Loon Lake is open to day visitors as well as campground visitors.
For more information about the BLM, Loon Lake Recreation Site, please visit: https://www.blm.gov/visit/loon-lake-recreation-site
For more information regarding the ACE EPIC Program, please visit: www.usaconservation.org.
The member should anticipate serving 40 hrs/wk and will receive a living allowance of $350 /wk for food and incidentals, dispersed bi-weekly.
This position may be eligible for a 675 hour AmeriCorps Education Award upon successful completion of position and service hours. Additional enrollment is required.
Housing: Bunkhouse Accommodations will be provided by the BLM
- ACE Members must verify that they are fully vaccinated for Covid-19 or have requested and been granted a medical or religious exemption to vaccination by the time they start their term.
Public Land Corps Special Hiring Authority:
ACE Members serving under this agreement may be eligible for a special hiring authority upon completion of their Term Of Service.
The position opportunity is for recreation maintenance worker. The chief responsibilities will be cleaning campsites, mowing, weed eating, garbage removal, basic plumbing, carpentry, and will learn about potable water treatment systems. ACE Members will also be taking care of primitive camp sites in other locations, by use of vehicle, UTV, or on foot and monitoring recreation activities.
Will be interacting with the public on a daily basis and ACE Members will collaborate and communicate with other BLM maintenance employees, campground hosts, BLM law enforcement staff and Park Rangers.
Project Background and Objectives:
Position responsibilities include but are not limited to: This is a physically demanding position requiring walking long distances, and driving extremely rough terrain. This position is exposed to a variety of seasonal weather conditions. The position also requires frequent interactions with the public.
Applicants for the position must hold a current valid driver's license, must be resourceful, adaptable, and able to work comfortably alone or in a group.
- Members must be US Citizen or Permanent Resident, as required to comply with U.S. government contracts
- Ability and willingness to undergo a federal criminal background check is required
- ACE is a drug free workplace and reserves the right to drug test at any time
- Must have a valid driver's license, clean driving record with ability to provide required documentation; Driving record checks will be completed during on-boarding process.
- Ability to drive an [Agency or ACE] vehicle is required for this position.
Required for Position:
- Willing and able to represent ACE and the partner organization in a professional, positive, and enthusiastic manner
- Ability to perform the essential duties of the position with or without reasonable accommodation
- Proven ability to be both self-directed/work alone, and be a positive, contributing member of a group
- Must be able to communicate clearly and concisely with resource professionals
- Must be able to communicate clearly and concisely with resource professionals and demonstrate effective communication skills with the public of all ages and backgrounds;
- Ability to operate a 4-wheel drive vehicle on steep, rough terrain, possibly pulling a trailer.
*The member must be willing to represent ACE and the BLM in a professional, positive and enthusiastic manner.
Please submit a resume, cover letter, and 3 professional references using the APPLY NOW section located on the upper right hand corner of the position listing on our website here: https://usaconservationepic.applicantpool.com/jobs/
Early consideration will be given as applications are received. This position may close at any time. If you have any questions regarding this position, please feel free to contact the Member Manager, Celia Demers at firstname.lastname@example.org.
American Conservation Experience provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, American Conservation Experience complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.
American Conservation Experience - EPIC
Sports and RecreationView all jobs at American Conservation Experience - EPIC