American Conservation Experience - CREW Member, Start your CALIFORNIA ADVENTURE
American Conservation Experience - CREW Sacramento, CA
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
AmeriCorps Crew Membership 2021 SUMMER/FALL
MULTIPLE STARTING DATES AVAILABLE!
-Various Hands On trailwork and restoration projects throughout California
-No experience necessary, we will train you!
-Housing INCLUDED, Meals on Project Days, Transport to projects too
-Additional Financial Benefits
-Great people, great staff, join us today and your adventure awaits
Summary: American Conservation Experience, a non-profit conservation corps, is currently seeking energetic and ambitious participants to engage in national service as AmeriCorps members in a multi-week professional, outdoor skills-training opportunity. ACE intends to provide a meaningful service to regional communities and public lands by taking direct action through conservation of our valuable natural resources. Our mission is to introduce and prepare our AmeriCorps members for careers in resource management with ACE, within the conservation corps industry, or with public agencies such as California State Parks, USFS, National Park Service, National Fish and Wildlife Foundation, the Bureau of Land Management, as well as many other local and non-profit land steward organizations.
Start Date(s): July 29, August 20, October 1
CHOOSE 14 week or 26 week commitment, depending on your availability
ALL DATES OPEN TO APPLY!
Position Description: AmeriCorps Members in our Crew program will spend several months learning techniques of conservation and land management while training on trail construction, dry stone masonry, forestry principles, Leave No Trace, and environmental restoration projects under the guidance of ACE's most highly skilled staff members. The goal of the position is to accomplish meaningful project work for a variety of public land management agencies while becoming proficient in advanced field techniques.
- Working 10 hours per day for 4-8 consecutive days on a crew comprised of 6-12 other service members in outdoor locations
- Strong focus on California State Parks partnerships in Northern California, Central California coast and valley
- Serving on environmental stewardship projects including (but not limited to): Trail construction/maintenance, retaining wall and rock step construction (dry stone masonry), invasive plant mitigation and removal, erosion prevention and hydrology principles, fence construction and repair, habitat restoration, native plant re-vegetation.
- Housing for "off-project days" located in our Sacramento, California regional headquarters of ACE Pacific West. All member schedules will be announced several weeks in advance when possible.
- US Citizens and US permanent residents
- To prove eligibility and citizenship, members must be able to provide ORIGINALS of the following documents: 1) Social Security card, 2) Passport or Birth certificate, 3) Photo ID (passport, driver's license, military license/ID, or student ID)
- The minimum age to serve with ACE is 18. United States Public Land Corps (PLC) legislation targets applicants of 18-35 years of age in this opportunity.
INCLUDE WITH ALL APPLICATIONS:
Upload all requested documents including your motivation statement, resume, and 3 professional references.
American Conservation Experience - CREW
ConstructionView all jobs at American Conservation Experience - CREW