Membership Program/HR Coordinator
American College of Medical Toxicology Phoenix, AZ
- Posted: over a month ago
- Benefits: dental, life insurance, medical, vision
This position is remote. All ACMT staff work from home and conduct business virtually. Occasional travel to on-site conferences and member recruiting events may be required.
About the Job
ACMT is currently seeking a full-time Membership Program / HR Coordinator. The successful candidate will play an integral role in developing and executing strategic membership engagement and retention plans, is responsible for coordinating several membership programs and member-driven activities, as well as facilitating various human relation activities for the organization.
● Manages membership recruiting and retention, maintains membership records, organizes member related materials and communications, and promotes member resources to increase utilization.
● Works closely with Membership Committee Chair and Membership Committee to develop and coordinate new member recruitment and retention strategies, as well as on-boarding and new member education.
● Serves to provide admin support for various ACMT Committees.
● Works with the Communications Manager in maintenance of membership content and links contained on ACMT website and communications for producing monthly newsletters, program promotion, email blasts, social media posts, and press releases.
● Arranges exhibit space at various trade shows and represents ACMT at exhibits for membership recruitment.
● Generates and analyzes membership and program reports for leadership.
● Provide other support services as required by the Executive Director or the Board of Directors.
● Oversees hiring process, which includes coordinating job posts, reviewing resumes, and performing reference checks.
● Prepares and updates employment records and documents related to hiring, transferring, promoting, and terminating.
● Facilitates the development of job descriptions and procedural documents (SOP’s) for all positions.
● Works with payroll company to ensure all HR policies, procedures, laws, and standards are up-to-date and communicated to new and existing employees.
● Oversees annual performance review process with all staff.
● Facilitates active engagement among employees (i.e, organize staff meetings, retreats, and lead regular fun virtual activities).
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
● Bachelor’s degree in Business, Marketing, Liberal Arts, Humanities or Arts Administration or equivalent experience
● At least three years of membership coordinator experience, preferably in the association or non-profit arena
● Experience implementing and managing Membership Campaigns and increasing members at non-profit organizations
● Experience providing administrative support to human resource or operations departments
● Strong organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills, attention to detail and deadlines, and the ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously
● Self-motivated with the ability to effectively collaborate, communicate and succeed in a fast-paced virtual work environment, and the ability to handle sensitive and confidential information with discretion
● Demonstrated technology skills, including Microsoft Office/Excel, databases, web content management, and social media
Not required but preferred:
● Experience facilitating working groups
● Knowledge in the creation of marketing materials and campaigns
● Prior experience working for a virtual organization
American College of Medical ToxicologyWhy Work Here?
The College’s mission is to advance the toxicologic care of patients and populations; and advocate for the specialty of medical toxicology.
The American College of Medical Toxicology (ACMT) is the national professional association for medical toxicologists, representing approximately 800 physicians across the United States and internationally. The College has a staff of 12, all of whom work remotely. Medical Toxicologists provide expertise on the prevention, diagnosis, and management of toxicologic disorders. Areas of expertise include: drug and medication overdose, identifying and treating emerging drugs of abuse, addiction management and the opioid epidemic, bites or stings of a venomous animal, forensic toxicology, and medication safety.