Sales Development Representative
BizLeads.com, American City Business Journals
Job Category: Sales, Business Development
Job Industries: Information Services, Marketing & Advertising, Online Media
About American City Business Journals
American City Business Journals is the nation's largest publisher of local business news and information with subscription publications, digital sites, and events in 43 U.S. cities. ACBJ reaches 17 million digital visitors, 450,000 paid subscribers, and 250,000 event attendees. ACBJ is headquartered in Charlotte, NC and a unit of Advance, whose exceptional portfolio includes Conde Nast, Advance Local, Leaders Group, Stage Entertainment, Turnitin, and 1010Data. Advance is also among the largest shareholders of Charter Communications, Discovery, and Reddit.
American City Business Journals is launching BizLeads, a new cloud-based business intelligence product designed for BtoB sales prospecting. BizLeads provides data and information insights on over 30 million private businesses. We are seeking a high-energy, driven professional to join our team as a Sales Development Representative.
The BizLeads Sales Development Representative will work closely with prospects and clients as a trusted advisor of data and information services that can help them grow their business. You will excel at building rapport and needs analysis on the phone and via email. You will be responsible for growing the BizLeads sales pipeline and qualifying potential customer prospects through direct outreach and with the support of marketing.
In This Role, You Will:
- Proactively prospect and contact potential new customers through outbound sales calls with the objective of qualifying them as leads.
- Follow-up and qualify all inbound prospect leads.
- Understand the industry and business trends affecting specific prospects and incorporate this knowledge into the foundation of your communication.
- Clearly express the value proposition and benefits of BizLeads and use this knowledge to ensure that solutions address clear business needs for the prospect.
- Develop and grow prospect relationships.
- Move prospect leads to the appropriate next stage of the sales process.
- Conduct a high volume of daily calls and appropriate follow-up communication.
- Build and manage a sales lead pipeline in Salesforce.
- Achieve monthly sales call and qualified lead goals.
- Become an expert in the data and information services industry.
Looking to begin and jump-start a career in sales. A bachelor’s degree is preferred. The ideal candidate possesses the following attributes:
- Excellent presentation, written, and verbal skills required
- Highly motivated, ambitious, and proactive
- Team player
- Strong desire to work in sales
- Resourceful and problem solver
- Excellent time management, detail-oriented, and organizational skills
American City Business Journals
Why Work Here?
The nation's leader in local business news and information.