Work as a Buying Assistant in a corporate office setting for the sixth largest grocery retailer in the world. Company is currently operating over 1900 US based locations in 36 states with plans to expand to over 2500 US locations in the next few years. Job offers a great work / life balance. Mon – Fri, 8PM – 5PM, no nights or weekends. 40 hours a week.
Some key responsibilities:
Collaborate with the Buying Director while working closely with grocery / food vendors. Oversee the product life cycle of a group of products, assist in maintaining positive vendor relationships, request and obtain product samples from vendors, periodically assist in food tastings to determine if a given product will be distributed to the stores, work with various computer applications, generate reports and tracking spreadsheets, prepare materials for the Buying Director as needed for meetings or product samplings.
- Must be self motivated with a high emphasis on accuracy, urgency and efficiency.
- Strong communication skills.
- Experienced with Microsoft office.(Excel, Word and Outlook)
- Mathematical skills
- Organized and strong time management skills.
- Professional and effective communicator with internal and external personnel-
- 7 paid holidays
- Short term and long-term disability insurance
- Affordable medical, dental, vision, and prescription coverage
- Group life insurance
- 401k retirement savings plan, which includes a generous company
American Business Personnel Services, Inc.
Why Work Here?
International Company with excellant compensation and competitive benefits.