American Behavioral Clinics is seeking an Authorization Specialist to become an integral part of our team!
The primary focus for this role is to mitigate the financial risks to our multi-site practice. This position is responsible for contacting patients directly to secure their demographic information, insurance coverage and clinical information that is required to determine the patient's insurance eligibility, benefits, authorization protocols and any policy limitations. Authorization Specialist will use analytical skills to coordinate, obtain and explain benefit coverage details so that patients completely understand what their financial responsibility will be. The Authorization Specialist role is able to identify additional resources and refer patients who might have difficulty meeting their financial responsibilities. This position works closely with billing/collection department, sometimes covering for any absences, as necessary.
Shift Days: M-F; Hours: 8:30 am to 5 pm, Saturdays, as needed, for patient care
- Perform general administrative work such as filing and data entry.
- Advise patients on required payments for upcoming appointments.
- Confirms demographic and insurance information and accurately updates systems as needed.
- Determines necessity for pre-authorization and obtains authorization for scheduled services
- Maintains and updates knowledge of various insurance requirements.
- Keeps all team members informed of insurance changes.
- Educates applicable departments regarding payer changes.
- Reports to ownership as necessary.
- Coordinates with the credentialing department.
- Perform all other duties and projects as assigned
- Previous experience in education administration or other related fields.
- Ability to prioritize and multitask.
- Deadline and detail-oriented.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- High School diploma or equivalent. College a plus!
- Medical Office experience necessary. Working with both patients and insurance company representatives, a plus!
- Capacity to manage shifting priorities in a fast paced environment.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Strong phone skills managing multiple lines.
- Candidate will possess exceptional verbal and written communication skills with the ability to interface across all levels, both internal and external customers.
- Basic Word/Excel.
- Medical terminology.
- Excellent attendance is a must.
- References will be contacted.
JOB TYPE: Full-time