Lead Technical Program Manager
- Posted: over a month ago
American Battery Technology Company (ABTC) is an industry-leading battery metals and critical materials technology development and commercialization company. We are seeking to hire an experienced technical program manager to lead the design, commissioning, start-up, and continual improvements to our first-of-kind lithium-ion battery recycling facility.
As our Lead Technical Program Manager, this candidate will lead and own all facets of scoping, technical planning, and integration of manufacturing layouts and drive the factory design and construction from concept definition, design to execution and production of our proprietary lithium-ion battery recycling processes and primary extraction technologies. This candidate will work closely with our executive officers, our engineering organization, our plant operations team, and various external experts to ensure the successful design, construction, and operations of our facilities. Our pilot plant in Fernley, Nevada will be the first integrated implementation of our multi-step processing train for the full mechanical processing, physical separations, chemical extractions, and production of commercial-scale battery metals that will be resold back into the battery manufacturing supply chain to enact a low-cost, low-environmental impact, and domestically sourced closed-loop circular economy. This position will report to the Chief Technology Officer.
The Ideal Candidate
The ideal candidate will be familiar with the design, installation, commissioning, and operations of first-of-kind facilities. This candidate should be passionate about designing, implementing, and maintaining efficient manufacturing processes, ensuring quality control of outputs, specifying equipment, crafting and deploying monitoring protocols, and working in a high-performance and fast-paced environment. The ideal candidate will be a problem-solver and have a keen interest in scaling processes proven at the bench-scale up to pilot- or pre-commercial scales. This should include a constant focus on evaluating current processing steps and proposing and developing next-generation solutions in order to continuously improve system performance and operability.
Responsibilities for Manager
- Owns factory plan of record and scope definition by integrating thorough factory needs, layouts, and objectives.
- Fundamentally understands and scrutinizes technical stakeholders' requirements and translates them into project scope with clear implementation plan and obligations.
- Owns the factory scoping endeavors by pulling together the cross-functional teams, understands their requirements, drives technical planning, defines options/tradeoffs/cost/schedule/impacts, and ensures alignment between the working and leadership teams.
- Owns program schedule, requirements, and reporting tools for visibility on progress, risks, changes, etc.
- Be the bridge that secures program support between the large cross-functional team required to design, plan, and build a manufacturing factory. Notably, various manufacturing teams, production, factory engineering, construction, facilities, material flow, workplace & people spaces, and more.
- Often taking the lead on leadership reviews, funding requests & cross-function studies, and investigations.
- Influence a variety of teams without a direct reporting structure.
Qualifications for Manager
- B.S. in Engineering and M.S. preferred, OR equivalent experience and evidence of extraordinary ability.
- Engineering experience on manufacturing and industrial projects from schematic to completion.
- Experience and understanding of building and manufacturing facilities design and construction.
- Superior project management skills and demonstrated application of project and program management fundamentals to complex engineering problems.
- Excellent communication and documentation abilities with the capacity to understand complex problems and distill the message into a clear plan.
- Subcontractor and consulting engineer management experience.
To learn more about ABTC, visit https://americanbatterytechnology.com/
American Battery Technology Company
TechnologyView all jobs at American Battery Technology Company