American Battery Solutions Lake Orion, MI
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
ABS is a team of experienced battery systems experts with decades of experience in designing, developing, and manufacturing advanced battery systems for the transportation industry. As Pioneers of the advanced automotive battery industry, we are leveraging the power of experience & knowledge to bring electrified mobility battery solutions to emerging transportation, industrial and commercial markets.
The CAE Engineer-Mechanical is a newly created role within our Systems Engineering team aimed at building out engineering analytical tools leading to the design and optimization of safe and high-performance battery systems.
- Execute and manage CAE projects cross-functionally consisting of internal and customer project teams to support the development of ABS and customer products and standards. Engage with the design and engineering teams to understand the analysis needs and provide appropriate analysis output with an interpretation of the results and potential solutions.
- Development and application of new CAE methods and standards based on the project needs Guide and support material tests.
- Responsible for the generation and validation of the material cards based on the test results.
- Carry out the CAE benchmarking by comparing CAE and test results of new products. Improve the CAE confidence level through the improvement of material cards and modeling.
- Perform analysis, gathering inputs, building modules, analyze and explain results
- Provide recommendations to design
- Team - Soft skills (type of personality): High learning agility, High energy (ability to take initiative and work successfully with some ambiguity), Detail-oriented
- Team uses CAE tools (primarily ABAQUS, Simlab/HyperMesh, and MASTA) to analyze battery and battery management system conditions and functions.
- Develop analytical tools to perform sophisticated CAE simulations to support battery system design and analysis
- Develop FE and CFD models and correlate with test results to provide component’s requirements for technical documents such as specifications and DFMEA
- Work with battery system engineer to conduct optimization studies by using optimization tools to come up with battery pack solutions that meet development’s targets What you can contribute:
- 3+ years of applied experience in CFD and FEA with high analysis skills from multidisciplinary CAE domains: mechanical, thermal, multiphase CFD
- Excellent applied experience in Solidworks for 3D CAD design and modeling
- Experience in HV battery design and optimization
- Strong understanding of engineering fundamentals - fluid dynamics, heat transfer, thermodynamics
- Proficiency in MATLAB/Simulink and/or Python for multi-physics modelling
- Proven understanding of optimization techniques & application to CAE and product design (i.e. multidisciplinary design optimization, DOE/RSM, topology optimization)
- Demonstrate ability to work independently and with teammates to optimally deliver analysis on complicated projects with tight deadline
American Battery Solutions
AddressLake Orion, MI
ManufacturingView all jobs at American Battery Solutions