Account Manager Business Development
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
The American Association of Pharmaceutical Scientists (AAPS) in Arlington, VA, a professional scientific society, is recruiting an Account Manager, Business Development. The Account Manager, is responsible for managing and growing relationships with AAPS’ external partners. Relationships are built based on AAPS programs and products to address partners’ unique needs in brand recognition, marketing, business development efforts, as well as in providing and receiving specialized education and training programs for a variety of audiences. The Account Manager supports the development of custom packages to ensure processing of contracts, invoices, etc. The Account Manager displays extensive expertise is sales/business development practices, as well as knowledge and understanding of the AAPS programs, such as membership, sustaining partner programs, education programs, the National Biotechnology Conference (NBC), PharmSci360, as well as other AAPS programs, products, and offerings. The Account Manager develops relationships with pharmaceutical scientists learning about their research areas and developing personal knowledge of pharmaceutical science disciplines as well as market conditions.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Business Development (90%)
• Meet annual goals established in AAPS’ business plan.
• Schedule and attend partner meetings.
• Attend relevant trade shows and conferences.
• Propose strategic initiatives to grow AAPS’ business and non-dues revenue domestically & internationally.
• Manage a third-party sales force that grows AAPS’ revenue through prospecting new leads and selling booths, marketing opportunities, etc..
• Develop and implement a plan that grows AAPS’ relationships with partnering organizations using AAPS’ programs and services.
• Collaborate with other members of AAPS’ staff to align partners’ goals with AAPS’ capabilities and to identify value propositions that will excite partners.
• Serve as liaison to the AAPS Business Advisory Group.
• Present to the AAPS Board of Directors as appropriate.
• Collaborate with AAPS volunteer leaders as appropriate.
• Manage the scheduling and logistics for business development-related participation in tradeshows.
• Assist in the development and management of the Business Development Department budget;
• Prepare Business Development reports and dashboards.
• Ensure the integrity and functionality of the AAPS’ HubSpot CRM database in the support of Business Development sales and engagement.
• Interface effectively with all other AAPS departments to ensures that all interfacing staff is properly informed and able to meet the needs of Partners related to events, products and services.
Program Development (10%)
• Work collaboratively with the Knowledge Management team to identify clients’ need for short courses, workshops, and training programs; assists in development of said programming to ensure programming is to specification; manages clients’ expectations for programming; and
• Manage resources and supervise processes to create a seamless experience for partners throughout engagement with AAPS’ programming.
• Proven sales experience and success.
• Proven time management skills and the ability to multitask.
• Excellent and proven client service and support skills and the ability to work with a variety of internal and external customers.
• Proven ability to work well with a team and possess a positive, can-do attitude.
• Expert knowledge of Microsoft Office Products: Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
• Expertise with maintaining a CRM/database and ensuring data integrity.
• Proven success in remaining calm in high stress situations and professional ethics and demeanor.
• Proven marketing success, recognizing a good value proposition and identifying needs.
• Proven project management skills.
• Demonstrated success in managing clients, developing pipelines and growing revenue required.
Education and/or Experience
• Bachelor’s degree required in addition to over 3 years of industry experience.
• Business Development experience with an Association, specifically in STEM or the Life Science field.
• Experience with HubSpot CRM preferred and CRM/database maintenance required.
• A minimum of three years successfully managing sales/business development engagements in either a non-profit or for-profit environment required.
• A minimum of 3 years’ experience supervising staff and working collaboratively as part of a multi-disciplinary team required.
• Experience with a volunteer-based, membership-driven, non-profit organization preferred.
• Experience with a global client base preferred.
• CAE or industry specific certification preferred.
Travel to PharmSci 360 and various partner meetings and conferences throughout the year will be required. Travel could be up to 25%. Majority of work is performed on a personal computer sitting at a desk for long periods of time throughout the day. May be expected to lift boxes up to 25 pounds. Standing for long periods of time and walking at meetings is required. Ability to remain professional in stressful and crisis situations is critical.
Work is performed within a fast-paced high volume, detail-oriented environment. Travel is required. Remote work and flexible schedule offered.
Excellent benefits and competitive compensation offered.
To advance the capacity of pharmaceutical scientists to develop products and therapies that improve global health
Advancing the pharmaceutical sciences to drive prevention and cures.
Our five core values:
Learning, Innovation, Service, Inclusiveness and Integrity.
AAPS is incorporated as a not-for-profit organization under the U. S. Internal Revenue Service Code, §501(c)3 in the District of Columbia.
American Association of Pharmaceutical ScientistsWhy Work Here?
Remote work environment. Flexible schedule. Excellent benefits and competitive compensation. Generous PTO, including Birthday Time Off.
Founded in 1986, the American Association of Pharmaceutical Scientists (AAPS) is a professional, scientific organization of approximately 7,000 individual members and over 10,000 actively participating stakeholders employed in academia, industry, government, and other pharmaceutical science related research institutes worldwide. Our mission: To advance the capacity of pharmaceutical scientists to develop products and therapies that improve global health Our vision: Advancing the pharmaceutical sciences to drive prevention and cures. Our five core values: Learning, Innovation, Service, Inclusiveness and Integrity. AAPS is incorporated as a not-for-profit organization under the U. S. Internal Revenue Service Code, §501(c)3 in the District of Columbia.