- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
The Procurement Specialist will check the departmental email-inbox daily and distribute the email accordingly. The Procurement Specialist will perform the following tasks as assigned: assist with ensuring that vendor invoices are received in a timely manner; managing the Purchase Order (PO) invoice folder which includes but is not limited to routing invoices through the appropriate financial systems and ensuring that invoices are approved timely.
The Procurement Specialist will become familiar with and comply with all accounting policies as well as assist with financial audits by pulling documentation needed by the auditors.
The Procurement Specialist ensures customer satisfaction by attending meetings, preparing correspondence, communicating with other departments. Assist with various acquisitions (RFQs, RFPs, Sole Source), vendor maintenance, and reporting.
Requisition and Purchase Order Administration
- Liaise with internal stakeholders to support procurement processing, vendor invoice review, PO status updates, and or general PO questions and concerns.
- Review requisitions for accuracy and be the first line approval for procurement.
- Assist in generation of purchase orders, modifications, monthly close-outs, and help manage documentation storage and filing.
Vendor/Supplier Processing and Maintenance
- Request, receive, collate, and store vendor/supplier documentation (including evaluation forms).
- Complete vendor set-up in accounting systems.
- Assist with vendor/supplier invoice data entry.
- Assist with coordinating meetings with vendors and key stakeholders.
- Assist with keeping RFP, RFI and RFQ templates updated.
System and Purchase Card Administration
- Assist with user access and administration.
- Assist with daily purchase card data importing.
- Assist with requisition entry for employee purchase card transactions and inquiries.
General Management and Administration:
- Manage and maintain the department email-inbox daily and distribute email accordingly.
- Assist with ensuring vendor invoices are submitted on-time, manage the PO invoice folder, routing invoices through the appropriate financial systems, ensure invoices are approved timely.
- Assist the procurement team during any audits by providing required documentation.
- Participates in meetings and trainings as needed.
- Performs other duties as assigned or required.
- Associates or Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
- College-level coursework in purchasing, accounting, business or contract law, economics, materials management, or related subjects preferred.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required:
- Purchasing/Procurement certification preferred
- Experience with relevant purchasing/procurement software preferred,
- ReqLogic/Microsoft Dynamics experience is a plus.
- Proficient with all Microsoft Office Suite, especially Excel, Word, PPT, and Teams/SharePoint
- Any combination of training, education, and experience equivalent to 1 to 3 years of experience involving the Accounts Payable, acquisition of equipment, supplies, services, and commodities for a non-profit, government agency, or private company with a substantial purchasing program involving a competitive bidding and negotiation process.
American Association of Motor
BusinessView all jobs at American Association of Motor