Government Affairs Manager
- Expired: April 19, 2022. Applications are no longer accepted.
The American Association for Marriage and Family Therapy (AAMFT) has an opening for a Government Affairs Manager in its Government and Corporate Affairs Department.
The Government Affairs Manager is responsible for providing AAMFT state leaders and lobbyists with guidance and assistance on state advocacy initiatives. Represents AAMFT on policy issues before legislatures, regulatory bodies, and other public and private entities. Works on federal advocacy initiatives. Advises AAMFTs volunteer leaders on legislation and policy. Oversees the growth and development of AAMFTs grassroots network and serves as editor of the associations advocacy e-newsletter. Assists with member engagement in advocacy. The Government Affairs Manager will have an essential role in managing AAMFTs advocacy agenda.
Essential Roles and Responsibilities:
- Administer a state legislative and regulatory advocacy program.
- Manage staff who are implementing AAMFTs state/provincial advocacy program.
- Represent AAMFT before legislatures, executive offices and other public and private entities.
- Manage and oversee effective federal and state grassroots activities.
- Provide volunteer leaders and other members with guidance and assistance on state legislative, regulatory, and private payer initiatives.
- Work with AAMFTs federal lobbyist on federal advocacy activities.
- Oversee the growth and development of AAMFT's grassroots advocacy network.
- Serve as editor of the advocacy e-newsletter.
- Oversee the preparation of fact sheets, materials, research, and documents to support advocacy activities and advance the profession.
- Write articles on advocacy and advocacy-related topics for AAMFT members.
Qualifications and Skills:
Bachelors degree. Prior experience in implementing advocacy initiatives is required. At least two years of experience in managing and implementing advocacy initiatives. Knowledge of health issues and of state legislative and regulatory processes. Must have excellent communication skills and demonstrated ability to handle multiple projects. Acquire knowledge of AAMFT policies, structure and goals. Possess knowledge and skills in using Microsoft Office software programs, web content and management systems, databases, and social media platforms. Must pass a background check.
AAMFT offers an excellent work environment. This position is remote and/or a hybrid work location. Attractive benefits package. Salary is competitive and commensurate with experience and other qualifications. Applications submitted without salary requirements will not be considered. No phone calls please.PandoLogic. Keywords: Government Affairs Manager, Location: Alexandria, VA - 22314
American Association for Marriage and Family Therapy
GovernmentView all jobs at American Association for Marriage and Family Therapy