- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
We are the American Academy of Sleep Medicine (AASM), an innovative professional medical association located in Darien, IL, a southwest suburb of Chicago. Established in 1975, the AASM is a professional, forward thinking membership organization dedicated to the advancement of sleep medicine and related research. Our mission is to assure quality care for patients with sleep disorders, promote the advancement of sleep research and provide public and professional education. We represent a combined membership of over 11,000 accredited member sleep centers and individual members, including physicians, scientists, and other health care professionals.
In pursuit of improving sleep health and promoting high-quality patient-centered care for all people, the AASM is dedicated to fostering a culture that is committed to excellence, inclusive, flexible, collaborative, appreciative, supportive, and innovative. We strive to live out these team values each day and are looking for others who would like to do the same.
The health and safety of our valued employees are of the utmost importance to us. Due to the pandemic, we’ve gone temporarily remote with the option to work in our Darien, Illinois office. We will continue this temporary work arrangement into the new year. Only local candidates will be considered at this time.
The clinical guidelines and research department plays a significant role in shaping the field of sleep medicine through the development of systematic reviews, clinical practice guidelines, clinical guidance statements, and consensus documents. We’re looking for a strong administrative professional to join our team as a Clinical Guidelines & Research Project Coordinator. Under the direction of the senior project manager, the coordinator will provide administrative support to steps of guideline development or other initiatives of the department.
The ideal candidate will have a strong administrative background and technical mindset to understand the scientific information that is handled by the department. In addition, this person will have the desire to take it to the next level by taking on progressive responsibilities.
What You’ll Do:
- Assist in the preparation of agendas, materials, and notes for meetings and conference calls, and complete follow-up action items as assigned.
- Schedule and coordinate conference calls and meetings as needed.
- Process expense reports and coordinate travel arrangements.
- Collect and maintain up-to-date Conflict of Interest disclosures for all task forces.
- Obtain, compile, and distribute articles via electronic library service.
- Draft invitation and thank you letters for task force members and stakeholders.
- Email authors for data requests.
- Assist in formatting of manuscript data tables, figures, supplemental materials, etc.
- Assist in compiling responses from public comment periods.
- Assist manager with educating patient representatives and completing post-publication activities for guideline projects.
- Assist with department projects, including development of clinical tools and resources, copyediting of guideline documents, and post-publication activities.
What We Need:
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in science, engineering, biostatistics, epidemiology or other health-related field
- Strong conceptual skills to interpret a variety of requests for information, provided in writing or verbally, into actionable projects and deliverables
- Strong planning, multi-tasking, and organizational skills with attention to detail
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Independent and collaborative team member
- Proficient in using Microsoft Office (e.g., Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Experience in scientific or health-related research, development, writing, or analytical experience
- Experience in performing literature searches with Medline, Embase, PubMed, or Google Scholar
- Experience with reference software (e.g., EndNote)
- Experience coordinating and facilitating committee work
Aside from the great job opportunity, we offer a fantastic work culture with top-notch benefits.
- Affordable medical & dental coverage for you and your family
- Free life & disability insurance
- 3 weeks of PTO (personal/vacation/sick time) plus paid company holidays
- PAID parental leave
- Flex-time hours
- Business casual environment
- Generous 401(k) plan
- Flexible spending & dependent care accounts
- Discounted fitness membership
- Costco membership
- Weekly “Wellness Wednesdays” with virtual walk, stretch, and healthy snack breaks
- Twice daily “plank breaks”
- Virtual seasonal event
Powered by JazzHR
American Academy of Sleep Medicine
ScienceView all jobs at American Academy of Sleep Medicine