Executive Asst to the CMO
- Expired: April 18, 2023. Applications are no longer accepted.
Executive Assistant to the CMO
Chief Medical Officer
Provide administrative, scheduling, and project support to the Chief Medical Officer.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Screen calls and review correspondence and emails, and draft responses for the CMO as appropriate; identify inquiries requiring advanced and/or priority responses and escalate to the CMO or other appropriate AAP leadership.
2. Manage an extremely active and frequently changing calendar of appointments for the CMO; assist with prioritizing travel and appointments in alignment with work priorities and ensuring adequate workflow and preparation time between commitments.
3. Arrange complex and detailed travel plans and itineraries, prepare and compile necessary documents and materials, and process expense reports in a timely manner.
4. Assist with planning, agenda development, dissemination of materials, execution, and follow up meetings for the CMO. Provide onsite meeting management as needed to ensure timely and accurate set up of materials, a/v equipment, food and beverage, etc.
5. Assist with planning of virtual meetings including webinars.
6. Assist with development and editing meeting and presentation materials.
7. Support strategic plan implementation, program status reports, and other reports.
8. Provide backup for CEO Administration support staff/Executive Staff.
9. Research, prioritize, and follow up on incoming issues and concerns addressed to the CMO, including those of a sensitive nature. Maintain strict confidentiality as necessary and suggest appropriate course of action, referral, or response.
10. Anticipate needs of the CMO and maintain effective lines of communication. Assist with prioritizing conflicting needs; handle matters expeditiously, proactively, and follow through on projects to successful completion; often with deadline pressures.
11. Keep current on organizational policies, procedures, staffing, and leadership appointments to ensure appropriate protocols are followed and accurate information is included when drafting correspondence and disseminating information.
12. Provide project management support and assist with a variety of special projects for the CMO and Manager of Population Health Initiatives. Build and maintain strong relations ships across the AAP.
13. Foster collaborative working relationships with other Executive Assistants to ensure consistent information sharing.
14. Coordinate and execute projects for the CMO.
15. Perform all other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
At least 5 years combined education and work experience in nonprofit management/association or professional business environment required. At least 2 years general administrative experience required, including managing complex staff appointments/calendars, creating correspondence, supporting meetings (eg, WebEx virtual meeting, PowerPoint presentations). Experience supporting executives and/or Board, arranging travel and meeting logistics, and monitoring budgets highly desirable.
Must be extremely detail oriented, take initiative, able to manage multiple priorities simultaneously, handle sensitive and confidential information with discretion, collaborate effectively with various internal and external constituents and promote and maintain a positive and cooperative team-oriented work environment with a commitment to equity, diversity, and inclusion. Excellent organizational, interpersonal, diplomacy, decision making, and oral/written communication skills essential as well as the ability to apply critical thinking in managing the CMO's complex schedule. Must work well under pressure, be able to adapt to rapidly changing priorities, with the ability to be highly flexible in working beyond scheduled hours and continuously reprioritizing work to accommodate new/changing commitments and project initiatives. Advanced technical acumen with proficiency in MS Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint, and the ability and willingness to quickly learn and utilize new technologies; experience with Adobe Acrobat, web maintenance/document collaboration software (eg, SharePoint), and virtual meeting platforms (eg, WebEx, Teams, Zoom) strongly preferred. Some overtime and travel may be required.
Hybrid work environment of 40% of work time in the office per month.
All AAP employees must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Requests for a medical or religious accommodation in regard to this vaccination can be submitted for consideration upon an offer of employment.
To learn more about the organization, see a full job description, and/or apply for the position, please visit https://www.aap.org/employment.
The AAP offers an excellent work environment, competitive salary, and a comprehensive benefits package. As a reaffirmation to our employee-focused culture, since 2005 the AAP has been named one of the 101 Best and Brightest Companies to Work for in the Chicagoland area. Additionally, we are an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Individuals with Disabilities, and Veterans that values the strength diversity brings to our workplace.
Reasonable Accommodation: Individuals with a disability in need of a reasonable accommodation regarding the job application process may call 630-626-6297. Please note, only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will receive a response.
American Academy of Ped
Get fresh Cmo Marketing jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.