Outbound Sales Specialist
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Are you enthusiastic, goal driven, flexible, reliable, and committed to excellent member service? Would you thrive in a sales environment where the focus is truly centered on meeting the needs of our members? Then we invite you to consider a career at American 1 Credit Union! Full Time and Part Time availability in some positions.
- Location: Contact Center located in Jackson, Michigan
- Position: Outbound Sales Specialist – Full Time
- Salary: $17.10 - $21.34
- Benefits: Health, Dental, Vision starting Day 1
Position Overview: The Outbound Sales Specialist’s responsibility is to turn leads into qualified opportunities and carry out successful lead generation campaigns. This position requires a self-motivated individual who thrives meeting goals and exhibits diligence in outreach and follow up via outbound calling, email, as well as strong communication to generate new opportunities. This person will be expected to meet specified targets on outreach activity and qualification.
Essential Job Functions
- Follow all credit union policies and procedures; including policies and procedures for customer identification and all BSA requirements
- Promotes services consistent with the credit union sales culture
- Consistently achieve qualified outreach and meeting quotas
- Research accounts and generate interest to stimulate opportunities
- Track all relevant campaign, qualification and lead management
- Open deposit and loan accounts and service existing accounts
- Process personal lines of credit for overdraft protection and/or Visa applications.
- Cross-sell and advise our members of the products that would best suits their needs.
- Providing our members with excellent service in person and by phone, general and specific account and loan information.
- Respond to members' requests, problems and complaints, and/or direct them to the proper person for specific information and assistance.
- Member Focused - Empathetically seek understanding of what members require and expect and use available resources, policies, and opportunities in their best interest without compromising institutional core values.
- Results Focused: Motivated to achieve goals. Measurable outcomes may include: Sales, Growth, Retention, Productivity, Service level, Quality accuracy, Efficiency, Timeliness, Cost savings etc.
- Attention to Detail - Thoroughness and accuracy in accomplishing a task through concern for all the areas involved, no matter how small. Monitors and checks work or information and plans and organizes time and resources efficiently.
- Collaboration - The employee will work with others to achieve common organizational goals in a spirit of collegiality and mutual respect.
- Reliability and Confidentiality: Personally responsible; completes work in a timely, consistent manner; works hours necessary to complete assigned work; is regularly present and punctual; arrives prepared for work; is committed to doing the best job possible; keeps commitments. Able to keep all information obtained confidential including member, employee and credit union information.
Key Performance Indicators
- Meet expectations of credit union’s Core Values: Engaged, Focused, Humbly Confident, Trustworthy and Achievers.
- Meets Sales Goals for New Member and Share Accounts
- Meets Sales Goals for Loans
- Meets Sales Goals for Auxiliary products (Life, GAP, Injury & Illness, Mechanical Breakdown Protection, Courtesy Pay etc.)
- Completes appropriate documentation for all accounts (loan files, tracking records etc.)
- G.R.E.A.T. Standards
- We Greet
- We value our member and coworkers by greeting one another.
- We Respect
- We respect our members and team by giving personal quality service.
- We Engage
- We are fully engaged with members and team members.
- We Achieve
- We achieve by executing tasks accurately and by offering additional products and services to our members.
- We are a Team
- We create a positive work environment by valuing one another and working together
- We Greet
- A minimum education of high school diploma or GED.
- Minimum 2-5 years previous Credit Union/banking experience required
The Ideal Candidate
- Has excellent customer service skills
- Proven Sales Skills
- The ability to prioritize and make on-the-spot decisions regarding customer transactions, weighing customer satisfaction issues with credit union exposure to loss or fraud.
- In-depth knowledge of all credit union deposit products and policies
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to remain calm while dealing with difficult members
- Knowledge of BSA, Regulation CC, D, E and all other pertinent regulations
- Organizational skills
NOTE: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
American 1 Credit Union
BusinessView all jobs at American 1 Credit Union