Contact Center Specialist
- $18 Hourly
Do you have experience providing customer service and sales in a call center? Are you enthusiastic, goal driven, flexible, reliable, and committed to excellent member service? Would you thrive in a sales environment where the focus is truly centered on meeting the needs of our members? Then we invite you to consider a career at American 1 Credit Union!
- Location: Contact Center in Jackson, Michigan - on site
- Position: Full Time
- Hourly wage: $18.09
- Benefits: Health, Dental, Vision, 401(k)
- All offers of employment are contingent upon background screens.
The Contact Center Specialist is responsible for delivering excellent member experience through answering incoming calls from members and potential members. The Contact Center Specialist must be equipped to respond to general member questions, account inquiries, and member concerns. This position requires excellent communication skills to effectively engage and recognize the member’s needs and ensure that they are offered products and services that will assist the member with reaching financial wellness. The Contact Center Specialist works collaboratively with their team to assure that the member experience is superior, and goals are achieved.
Essential Job Functions
- Engaged Communication: Ensure that engagement between co-workers and members is meaningful with a focus on listening to learn and offering quality solutions.
- GREAT Service Standards: Commitment to offering superior member experience while following all the GREAT service standards.
- Incoming Call Response: Answers all incoming phone calls, assists members fully, and when necessary, routes calls to the appropriate department in a courteous, professional & timely manner.
- Focus on Purpose/Mission: Focused on credit union purpose and mission statement of creating financial wellness in our community through everyday banking.
- Scorecard Accountability: Cross-offer new checking, lending, and product referrals to members that are consistent with individual and branch goals.
- Attention to Detail and Confidentiality: Ensure that all transaction activity is done accurately. Maintain confidentiality by avoiding unauthorized disclosure of member information.
- Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion: Committed to supporting a culture that is inclusive for all.
- Core Process, Policy and Procedure Review and Recommendations: Responsible for following all core processes, policies, and procedures including policies and procedures for customer identification and all BSA requirements
- Community Advocate: Serves as a representative of the credit union while in the community.
- Department and District Support: Commitment to working all assigned hours and having the flexibility to work from any credit union location within 20 miles of home branch. Willingness to mentor and support other team members.
- People Focused and Strong Communication: Empathetically seek understanding of what members and employees require and expect and use available resources, policies, and opportunities in their best interest without compromising institutional core values and core focus.
- Achiever, Initiative and Goal Driven: The employee drives for results and success, is committed to their job, sets high standards of performance, pursues aggressive goals, and works hard to achieve them, displays a high level of effort and commitment to work, and takes ownership. Committed to executing individual scorecard goals as well as achieving branch goals.
- Focused, Accuracy, Attention to Detail: Thoroughness and accuracy in accomplishing a task through concern for all the areas involved, no matter how small. Monitors and checks work or information and plans and organizes time and resources efficiently.
- Trustworthy, Reliability and Confidentiality: Personally responsible; completes work in a timely, consistent manner; works hours necessary to complete assigned work; is regularly present and punctual; arrives prepared for work; is committed to doing the best job possible; keeps commitments. Able to keep all information obtained confidential including member, employee, and credit union information. Follows all core process, policies, and procedures.
- Engaged and Collaborative: The employee will work with others to achieve common organizational goals in a spirit of honoring diversity and mutual respect. Effectively communicates by actively listening and sharing relevant information with co-workers, supervisor(s), and members so as to anticipate problems and ensure the effectiveness of the institution.
- Humbly Confident and Inquisitive: Committed to asking questions for clarification so that confidence is built in the member relationships. Admit when there is an opportunity for improvement and celebrate with the team when we win together.
Key Accountability Items:
- Support and Collaborate with Department Team
- Accuracy on Transactions
- Uphold GREAT service standards
- Personal Scorecard Results
- A minimum education of high school diploma or GED.
- Cash handling or sales experience.
- Prior customer service experience.
The Ideal Candidate:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Working knowledge of PC applications such as Microsoft Office
- Ability to work independently or as a collaborative member of a team
- Ability to direct other team members and coach others
- Knowledge of credit union products, services, policies, core processes and procedures
- Ability to provide supervisory leadership of professional- and intermediate-level staff
- Demonstrated member-focused strategy skills
- Demonstrated skill in gathering, reporting, and summarizing trends in data
- Ability to express oneself clearly and articulately both orally and in writing
- Ability to make decisions and take initiative in problem resolution
- Ability to exercise tact and responsibility with handling confidential information
NOTE: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
American 1 Credit UnionJackson, MI
BusinessView All American 1 Credit Union Jobs
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.