Job Title: Intake / Administrative Assistant
Team: America Works of Maryland
(Temple Hills – Prince George’s County)
Purpose: We are currently recruiting dynamic individuals to join our team as an Intake/ Administrative Assistant to orient our customers and attend court hearings in our Temple Hills, MD Office.
About America Works: Called “a company with a conscience,” America Works was founded in 1984 by social activist and entrepreneur, Peter Cove, who wanted to put his ideals about poverty and the American dream into practice.
Joined by Dr. Lee Bowes as the CEO, America Works has helped more than 800,000 individuals increase their self-sufficiency through gainful employment, including military veterans, welfare and SNAP recipients, young adults, the criminal justice involved, homeless, non-custodial parents, persons receiving disability, among others. America Works uses a blended model that includes work readiness training, vocational training, career placement, career advancement, and employment retention services.
America Works is a 100% Women-Owned Business. Our mission is to equip each individual who comes to our offices with the right tools so that they are able to provide for themselves and their loved ones. We believe the most effective approach in helping people out of poverty is by assisting them in finding meaningful employment. Our proven methods, services and experienced staff offer the right combination for success.
Join an incredible company of professionals who are passionate about embracing a sense of urgency, a strong work ethic, and accountability for a person becoming self-sufficient while learning how to navigate job searches and employment opportunities; and securing meaningful employment. We select individuals who share our vision and are willing to put in the hard work to achieve it!
This position will provide you with a sense of purpose, unique challenges, and enable you to make a true impact on our business and the person’s life you are enhancing.
Duties and Responsibilities:
· The Intake / Administrative Assistant will be responsible for welcoming all referred America Works of New York clients, general outreach, and routine administrative tasks
· Attend court hearings once sometimes twice a week, rarely three times
· Develop creative outreach strategies to engage clients including mailings, social media strategies, and electronic correspondence
· Provide warm welcome as the initial point of contact for all participants, guests, and vendors
· Work one on one with a diverse population with the goal of returning to employment
· Capable of setting boundaries
· Ability to learn audit process and manage data in internal platforms
· Strong ability to multitask
· Provide coverage of front desk including utilizing various systems
· Ability to distribute and reconcile assets
· Interest in cross training and growth within company
· Manage multi-line phone system, screening and prioritizing calls
· Conduct outreach via phone, email, and mailings to participants enrolled in program
· Assist with maintaining participant’s confidential files
· Work on special projects, when needed
NOTE: Emotional Awareness needed for this as it is not an easy position to witness someone being incarcerated regularly; Intake / Administrative Assistant will experience and witness this on a regular basis
· BA or BS Degree a must
· Must be proficient in Microsoft Office and able to learn internal data management system quickly
· Should have significant work experience with diverse populations
· Detailed orientated with exceptional organizational skills
· Strong oral and written communication skills
· Able to meet deadlines and have a high degree of flexibility to adapt to changing tasks and priorities
· Possess strong customer service skills
· Must be willing to learn other roles and advance, if the opportunity presents itself
· Bi- or Multi-lingual candidates preferred
· Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
· Aflac Supplemental Insurance
· Wonderful team
· Great work-life balance
· Important mission