Civil construction company that has been in business for nearly 60 years has an opening for an experienced Heavy Equipment Service Manager. Excellent opportunity to be part of this team and to be able to enjoy the many benefits this company provides to their employees.
This is a working Service Manager position, meaning that there will be times when the Service Manager will be diagnosing and repairing equipment along with the field and shop Mechanics and Technicians. This position is responsible for providing direct leadership to Mechanics and Technicians and managing work flow and assigning tasks.
Must have experience working a large variety of construction heavy equipment such as excavating equipment, asphalt and paving equipment, skid steers, backhoes, excavators, dozers, etc.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Oversee the day-to-day operations of employees in the maintenance shop.
- Coordinate and supervises all maintenance work and repairs, and monitors progress and quality.
- Review driver repairs and other maintenance requests, and prepares work order documents.
- Perform mechanical duties as needed.
- Monitor inventory of replacement parts and restocks as needed.
- Oversee personnel including coaching, training, evaluating employee performance, and conducting disciplinary action as needed. Provide input into termination, compensation, and promotion decisions.
- Interpret and ensure consistent application of organizational policies and safety regulations.
- Creates and submits reports as necessary.
- Must have at least 3 years’ experience as a Heavy Equipment Service Manager
- Must have at least 10+ years’ experience as a mechanical with advance knowledge of maintenance, diagnosing and repairing of heavy equipment.
- Must have experience managing field and shop mechanics and mechanic helpers
- Must be able to manage time and budgets of Service Department
- Must be able to diagnose engine mechanical and fuel systems failure on heavy equipment including engines, drive train components, hydraulic systems and air and electrical systems.
- Must be able to use modern diagnostic software along with being able to diagnose and repair in the field without this software.
- Must have full set of tools including box
- Must have clean criminal record and be able to pass in-depth background check.
- Must have valid Texas drivers license and clean driving record (company truck will be provided after probationary period). CDL License preferred.
- Must have current TWIC card.
- Must be able to pass drug screen including a hair follicle test.
- Must be able to provide previous employment references.
If you meet these requirements and are looking for a company you can stay and retire from, email resume and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org or apply online at www.ameritechsi.com/on-line-application