AmeriSave Mortgage Corporation is seeking a Mortgage Underwriter to join our winning team. This is an exciting opportunity to make an immediate impact on the growth and success of our business. Successful candidates are self-motivated, have superb problem-solving skills, able to think and act strategically, able to work in a fast-paced environment, are detail oriented and have a strong ability to multitask.
This is a work from home opportunity. We are growing fast and this position is critical to fill ASAP. We are offering a $10,000 signing bonus!
At AmeriSave, we're one team with one shared dream - to be the best. We’re dedicated to building an inclusive culture where employees are empowered and supported to do their best work - whether from home or in the office.
What we’ll find at AmeriSave is that we don’t just set you up for success, we set you up to WIN. Team members are provided with cutting edge origination software, CRM, marketing automation, data reporting / analytic software, and leading mortgage application technologies to help make more deals happen. Our culture at AmeriSave is casual and fun, and we offer competitive compensation and benefits.
AmeriSave is the company you’ve been waiting to work for!
● Underwrite purchases, refinances and preapproval requests
● Analyze loan documents (credit reports, income documentation, tax returns, assets, appraisal reports, title reports, insurance documents, fraud prevention products, purchase contract, etc) for accuracy and completeness and deliver valid credit decisions
● Must be detailed in loan approval rationale including income and asset calculations clearly noted
● Conduct timely review and clearing of conditions/stipulations on files returned for review
● Provide timely and thorough responses to individual prefunding audits, investor audits and Review Desk responses to declines.
● Maintain company turn time expectations
● Maintain current level of knowledge on all requirements by consistently researching and reviewing the applicable guidelines, program updates, credit overlays and changes
● Requires a minimum of 2 years recent frontline mortgage underwriting experience
● Must be familiar with Desktop Underwriter
● Understanding of mortgage auditing and quality control process
● Strong credit, risk analysis and analytical skills
● Ability to multi-task and must be detail oriented
● Team player with excellent customer service skills
AmeriSave is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Amerisave.com was designed to make shopping for mortgages easy and straight forward. You can shop, apply and request your rate lock in minimal time.
AmeriSave Mortgage Corporation offers a wide array of mortgage products, including VA, USDA, Non Conforming and FHA.
AmeriSave Mortgage Corporation offers in-house processing, underwriting, closing, and funding, so that we can better serve our customers personally and minimize delays.
Why Work Here?AmeriSave Mortgage Corporation is considered one of the leading retail mortgage lenders in the country, with hundreds of employees serving consumers in 49 states and DC. Our goal is to provide affordable rates with expert customer service to every applicant. Amerisave.com was designed to make shopping for mortgages easy and straight forward. You can shop, apply and request your rate lock in minimal time. AmeriSave Mortgage Corporation offers a wide array of mortgage products, including VA, USDA, Non Conforming and FHA. AmeriSave Mortgage Corporation offers in-house processing, underwriting, closing, and funding, so that we can better serve our customers personally and minimize delays.
Great compensation, benefits and employee oriented culture where you can thrive and grow while having fun and advancing your career.