Job Title: Operations Technician III
Location: AmeriQual Aseptic – Troy, NC
Reports to: Production Supervisor
Shift: 12-hour shifts, 3 days on, 4 days off week #1, 4 days on, 3 days off week #2
Now is your chance to join a fast-growing organization where WHAT YOU DO MATTERS! AmeriQual Group is a shelf-stable food manufacturing company with locations in Indiana, Georgia, and North Carolina. AmeriQual is opening a new location in Troy, North Carolina called AmeriQual Aseptic! AmeriQual Aseptic is a state-of-the-art contract manufacturing facility for the production of high quality low-acid aseptic food products in a convenient, on-trend package. Located in a 100,000 sq/ft climate-controlled factory in Troy, NC, just an hour from Greensboro, Charlotte and Raleigh, AmeriQual Aseptic was designed from the ground up to be the most efficient producer of alternative beverages and protein shakes in the Tetra Prisma Aseptic 330ml container. Offering competitive medical, dental, vision, and life insurance, 401k, and tuition assistance!
Operations Technician IIIs strive to promote and lead continuous improvement and total employee engagement by maintaining a good working relationship with all departments. They are responsible for operating and maintaining aseptic machines focusing on KPI goals using state-of-the-art equipment and for ensuring all GMP, SOP, SSOP, and HACCP and Food Safety requirements are met continuously.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Identify/troubleshoot processes and equipment that are underperforming
- Implement improvement plans that optimize resources and KPIs
- Assist management as needed to support projects and other initiatives as assigned
- Develop, learn and pass on knowledge in the aseptic food processing area
- Take initiative and use creativity to troubleshoot/problem-solve and determine the approach or action to take in non-routine situations and communicate/work with processors, and supervisors to identify, register and solve daily production problems through TPS Huddles
- Participate in continuous improvement including OJT, additional education, or industry specific training
- Set up, sterilize, operate, continuously monitor and clean a high-technology aseptic liquid filling machine and start up, set up, shut down, and clean Domino Printer, x-ray, and check weigh machines
- Conduct required periodic packaging integrity testing using established validation methods.
Take corrective action in the event of out-of-specification seals in conjunction with Quality Assurance function
- Ensure that the correct packaging materials are being used for product being produced. Load reels of packaging materials into machine utilizing heavy lift equipment to prevent stoppage. Track and document machine/equipment down-time
- Ensure supply of hydrogen peroxide to the filling machine for material sterilization
- Work with maintenance technicians to perform PMs, improve/update/complete and establish proper PM frequency on your designated equipment
- Know how to use LOTO (lockout Tagout) and apply it correctly
- Use and apply 5S standards to their work areas
- Understand/communicate machine/line-specific KPIs and report to team at huddle meetings
- Own daily performance KPIs for multiple production lines
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize; strong time management skills with the ability to work without extensive supervision
- Understand and adhere to all safety guidelines and GMPs (Good Manufacturing Practices)
- Successful candidates will minimally have a 2-year degree or two plus years of experience, preferably in a food manufacturing environment
- Experience with Tetra Pak (or related technology like SIG Combibloc) strongly preferred
- Lead TPS and lean manufacturing training/continuous improvement
- Demonstrate leadership skills with the ability to exercise sound judgment and discretion
- HACCP Training experience
- Successful completion of Better Process School
- CAD, Excel, and PowerPoint experience
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize; strong time management skills with the ability to work without extensive supervision within a team setting
- Thorough working knowledge of all current OSHA and Safety Standards
- Work in various adverse conditions such as tight or enclosed spaces, heights, and temperature extremes to complete work assignments
- Attention to detail
- Extensive knowledge of hydraulics, pneumatics, electrical control circuitry, instrumentation; both manual and electronic
- Must work well in teams and demonstrate behavior conducive to promoting strong teamwork
- Must possess a positive attitude in a fast-paced production environment
While performing the duties of this job, employees are required to sit, walk and stand for long periods of time; talk or hear, both in person and by telephone; reach with hands and arms. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision and the ability to adjust focus. Position will also frequent the production floor, so operating in standard warehouse and food processing plant temperature conditions is required. Lifting up to 50 pounds, pushing/pulling/moving objects, and using specialized tools, equipment, and machines is required. Duties include intricate repairs, which will require working in, on, and around complex machinery and packaging systems, requiring a high-level of manual dexterity. Work is completed in a facility where nuts, fruits and other allergens are present.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
AmeriQual Group, LLC is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and/or promotion without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.