Technical Support Specialist
- Posted: over a month ago
- $20 Hourly
$20.43 per hour
The Technical Support Specialist responds to telephone calls, emails, ticket system, and personnel requests for technical support to identify, research, and resolve elevated technical problems. Additionally, the Technical Support Specialist will participate in changes to the environment, testing updates, maintaining documentation, and to assist the administrators with the monitoring, maintenance, and upgrade of the environments.
- Identify, diagnose, and resolve hardware and software issues as they arise or when escalated, which may include installing and configuring software applications/operating systems and network clients to operate properly on the organizations network, which includes handheld devices, UNIX, Linux, and Microsoft.
- Documents, tracks and monitors reported problems to ensure thorough and timely resolution.
- Research the latest product patches and fixes, and work to make sure they are deployed properly through the organization.
- Take initiative and drive assignments to completion, which requires running projects that fall in line with departmental needs.
- Assess the need for replacement of hardware and/or software and make purchase recommendations, assuring compatibility with current configurations.
- Respond to requests from current or escalated issues, visualize the problem and respond to the user with a clear, concise, and easy to understand solution to their problem.
- Troubleshoot various software configurations/features including operating systems, applications, databases and networking on all platforms that the organization supports.
- Regularly provide feedback on the soundness and effectiveness of the department's policies and procedures
- Provide support and incident management and communications for IT systems faults and service requests.
Minimum Qualifications & education
- High school degree, or equivalent.
- 1-3+ years' experience in IT.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to handle conflict and work in stressful situations.
- Extensive experience with Active Directory, DNS, DHCP and GPOs
- Working knowledge in VMWare: ESXi, VCenter, VSphere, View
- Working knowledge in Server 2012R2, 2016, 2019
- Knowledge of File Share best practices (DFS, Permissions, folder ownership)
- Practical knowledge of Powershell and scripting
- Understanding of security best practices across all areas of an enterprise infrastructure
Knowledge and experience with personal computer hardware including processors, motherboards, memory, hard disks, optical drives and peripherals such as scanners, cameras, printers, external hard drives, etc.
AmeriBen is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer committed to creating an environment of diversity and inclusion for equal employment and advancement opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, age, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, disability, veteran or military status, or any other category protected by federal, state and/or local law.
If you are unable to use our online application process due to a disability, please contact the Human Resources Department at email@example.com.
TechnologyView all jobs at AmeriBen