Ameresco’s Federal Team has a new opportunity for a Sr. Construction Estimator who will be responsible for all aspects of estimating large-scale complex federal construction projects.
- Perform project estimating activities to provide accurate estimates of material quantity take-offs and labor for all trade categories.
- Build relationships to understand client, designer, and subcontractor needs and expectations.
- Obtain bids from vendors and subcontractors by specifying materials; identifying qualified subcontractors; negotiating price.
- Perform advanced estimating tasks to include serving as the prime point of contact for hard bid pursuits, coordinating constructability reviews, and applying appropriate indirect costs.
- Develop comprehensive understanding of project strategy and deploy this throughout the estimating process
- Work closely with the Project Management team to maintain relationships with existing clients and subcontractors.
- Managing multiple projects and deadlines, with ability to prioritize and complete tasks
- Participate in business development activities, presentations, and interviews; and
- Perform other duties as required.
Minimum 10 years successful federal construction estimating experience.
Additional Preferred Qualifications:
- Engineering or Construction Management degree preferred.
- Experience and proficiency in conceptual and hard bid estimating, quantity take- offs, project procurement including bid preparation, and familiarization with standard construction details and drawings.
- Thorough knowledge of Federal Government procurement methodology including hard bids, IDIQ and various task order type contracts.
- Understanding of the influence of market conditions on pricing.
- Demonstrated ability to improve processes and create efficiencies.
- Excellent oral, written, computer communication and presentation skills required.
- Valid Drivers’ License issued by state of residence and in good standing.
- U.S. Citizenship or U.S. Permanent Resident status required.
- Travel required.
AMERESCO challenges the brightest, most talented and creative individuals in the industry by providing an environment that embraces initiative, diversity, and achievement along with comprehensive rewards, including people-oriented insurance, investment, and incentive plans.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer/Women/Minorities/Veteran/Disability.