Ameresco’s 91st Ave Biogas Facility is a state-of-the-art gas processing facility that converts biogas to renewable natural gas. The Lead Plant Specialist will report to the Regional Manager and have responsibility for plant safety, compliance, and reliability. The Lead Plant Specialist will lead a small team that conducts the daily operations and maintenance activities for the facility and associated pipeline.
- Safety: Develop a team culture that makes safety the first consideration and highest priority in all tasks. Understand and adhere to DOT program requirements and the plant and pipeline operating manual. Prevent accidents through job planning and strict adherence to company safety policies. Drive continuous improvement of safety at the site and throughout the organization by fostering a team environment that rewards ideas that improve safety. Report any near miss incidents and provide support for root cause investigations that lead to actions.
- Compliance: Operation and maintenance of the facility in strict compliance with all applicable permits and program requirements. Reporting any compliance deviations or near misses and assist in any investigation required to identify root causes. Build a team that understands the importance of compliance and works to reduce the sites impact on the environment. Ameresco is a company that takes pride in having a positive impact on our environment and environmental compliance is considered second only to safety.
- Maintenance: Develop, implement, and maintain a proactive maintenance plan for all plant equipment based on OEM recommendations. Review and revise maintenance procedures as necessary to increase plant availability. Supervise maintenance activities including coordination with any subcontracted maintenance. Plan and oversee all planned maintenance outages. Create and manage records of all maintenance performed.
- Production: Work positively and diligently as part of the management team to achieve the plant production goals. Serve as the primary interface with client and customers on production and fuel supply issues. Work with the site team and both internal and external resources to provide root cause solutions to improve plant reliability. Identify plant upgrades and modifications designed to enhance safety or improve the reliability of the facility. Build a team that prides itself on improving the overall reliability of the plant over time. Be readily available to respond to, and manage the resolution of, plant issues outside of the normal work hours.
- Cost: Support the Regional Manager in the development of annual operating budgets and maintain plant costs within that budget. Make monthly forecast adjustments to both cost and revenue. Identify and propose cost reductions that do not reduce safety, production or reliability.
- Administration: Develop and manage team shift schedule to ensure coverage. Manage and implement plant operator qualification and training programs. Maintain, revise, and where necessary develop, plant standard operating procedures. Order material and equipment, schedule deliveries, approve invoice, and maintain site logbooks and records. Build positive working relationships with customers, clients, site personnel and internal resources. Review automated reports for accuracy. Support the Regional Manager on special projects and perform other duties as required.
- High School graduate or GED.
- A minimum of 5 years of direct experience with operation and maintenance in an industrial setting strongly recommended.
- Valid US driver’s license required.
Additional Preferred Qualifications
- Formal and relevant technical training through military service, trade school, industrial experience, or technical training schools desired.
- Bachelor of Science degree in an engineering or technical discipline a plus.
- Applicable military and merchant marine experience is highly valued.
- Must have a working knowledge of reading and interpreting system drawings and/or P&IDs.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word, and Outlook a plus.
- Demonstrated organizational and leadership skills are required.
- While this position is assigned to the 91st Ave facility, occasional travel may be required.
- As a member of the 91st Ave team, the Lead Plant Specialist will need to meet strict DOT requirements.
AMERESCO challenges the brightest, most talented and creative individuals in the industry by providing an environment that embraces initiative, diversity, and achievement along with comprehensive rewards, including people-oriented insurance, investment, and incentive plans.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer/Women/Minorities/Veteran/Disability.