We currently seek an experienced large-scale commercial/ industrial HVAC Mechanic/ Boiler Technician to join our Operations Team based at Portsmouth Naval Shipyard.
- Operate, maintain, and troubleshoot HVAC, commercial refrigeration, boilers, and boiler room related equipment;
- Conduct equipment readings critical for operations, efficient performance, maintenance history, and reporting;
- Complete internal & external inspections of boilers, burners, boiler rooms, chillers, HVAC and associated controls;
- Perform inspections and preventive equipment maintenance;
- Provides clear, accurate, customer-focused verbal & written communication;
- Ensures top quality service in a timely, efficient, & customer-focused manner;
- Ensure compliance with company, industry, and regulatory safety standards and protocols; and
- Perform other duties as required.
- Trade or Vocational School education
- Minimum 4 years’ experience installing, operating, maintaining, troubleshooting, and repairing gas & LP water & steam boilers, steam traps, water heaters, chillers, HVAC mechanical distribution, controls (electrical & pneumatic) vacuum systems, and hydraulic systems.
- Boiler's License
Additional Preferred Qualifications:
- CFC Certification required along with current Gas /Oil Burner Technician’s, Fireman’s, or Operating Engineer’s License strongly preferred
- Ability to read and interpret system and equipment plans, specifications, operating manuals. Knowledge of Fire-eye control systems preferable
- Basic computer skills including e-mail and data entry using Microsoft Outlook, Word, & Excel
- Ability to lift up to 75 lbs. & transport equipment & tools in excess of 300 lbs
- Strong verbal, written, computer communication and organization skills
- May require flexibility for ‘on call’ support or varied schedule needs
AMERESCO challenges the brightest, most talented and creative individuals in the industry by providing an environment that embraces initiative, diversity, and achievement along with comprehensive rewards, including people-oriented insurance, investment, and incentive plans.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer/Women/Minorities/Veteran/Disability.