• Basic microcomputer skills necessary to understand the operation and interfacing characteristics of microprocessors. This includes I/O and interfacing concepts, software interaction, applications, programming languages and techniques.
• Experience in PLC operations to include basic system configurations and hardware, data manipulation, data communications, advanced programming commands, interfacing, troubleshooting, application and program development.
• Training or experience in electric motor drive technologies including: AC variable frequency, AC servo, DC servo, closed loop systems, stepper systems, servo-motors, electronic and mechanical clutch/brake, and encoders.
• Knowledge of welding safety, welding equipment, proper selection of type, wire, settings, and material preparation. Flame cutting knowledge, including safety, equipment, and preparation.
• Experience in interacting in a positive manner with engineers, technicians, and suppliers to define a project, assist with the specification and design of electromechanical systems.
• Analyzing equipment problems resulting from electrical power distribution circuits, electro-mechanical propulsion control systems, and electronic control systems.
• Installs, maintains, dismantles, repairs, overhauls, and rebuilds electrical, mechanical and electronic equipment and components such as electric power distribution circuits, electric lighting, electric climate control systems, electric appliances, wiring, generators, controls, and electric trucks.
• Performs welding, carpentry, masonry, plumbing and simple electrical repairs or wiring associated with other work to construct, install, and maintain structures, fixtures, and equipment.
• Checks, adjusts, fits, and modifies parts for repair and replacement.
• Reads and edits PLC programming.
• Analyzes equipment problems resulting from mechanical, pneumatic, and hydraulic malfunctions.
• Examines such items as indicator lights, hand and foot controls, sensing devises, and emergency stop switches.
• Uses a wide variety of hand tools, equipment, and instruments in performing maintenance to specifications of wiring diagrams, mechanical drawings, blueprints, manuals, schematics and other instructions.
• Performs preventive maintenance duties including cleaning, inspecting, lubricating, electrical and mechanical maintenance work on facilities, grounds and utilities.
• Performs traditional electrical power/wire hook ups including bending conduit and troubleshooting.
• Must be able to correctly size electrical wire per NEC code for the application.
• Performs electronic installation and troubleshooting.
• Responsible for the automated equipment operations, setup, and maintenance.
• Obtains and uses correct materials, supplies or parts from designated locations.
• Test systems for correct operation.
• Ensure safety devises are in place and in proper operation. Inspects for and reports needed repairs to supervisors.
• Places materials, parts, tools, fixtures and equipment in proper locations.
• Keep equipment and work area clean and orderly.
• Maintain regular attendance in accordance with the current Attendance Policy.
• Direct and assist trainees and other personnel.
• Records information on electronic or paper forms for record keeping purposes.
• Sketches wiring schematics. Performs similar duties of a comparable nature as required.
• Navigate through electronic work order system primarily to create, view, or close work orders electronically.
• Handle plant waste, hazardous and non-hazardous, in a manner to insure compliance with local, Nebraska Department of Environmental Control (NDEC), and EPA regulations. Hazardous waste handling may include any of the following: Drying wastes, containerizing wastes, moving wastes in-plant, and offering wastes for shipment.
Amer TechnologyAMER Technology, Inc. is a leading staffing company. Combining a proven track record of superior performance, a quality-focused approach to service delivery, and the highest caliber Light Industrial, manufacturing Technical, Accounting, Finance and Engineering professionals in the market. We offer a full range of workforce solutions and service delivery models to equip you with the people, skills , and competencies required to get the job done.