MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS
1. Licenses and Certifications Required
• RHIA or RHIT required. CCS, preferred. ICD-10 AHIMA-Certified Trainer, preferred.
2. Educational Requirements
• Associates Degree in HIM required.
3. Experience Requirements
• Two years of coding in acute hospital setting preferred.
4. Special Skills or Training Requirements
• Skills to systematically analyze situations and issues, identify options, draw logical conclusions and sound inferences, determine and recommend practical courses of action using innovation, creativity, good judgment and strategic thinking.
• Possess understanding of project management phases, techniques and tools.
• Advances skills in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project and Visio.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to communicate both orally and in writing: ideas, concepts, recommendations, technical and complex information clearly and concisely in a timely manner, at a level consistent with the audience.
• Ability to produce presentation-ready slides, information packets and job aides.