- Reviews available information and evaluates impact on treatments.
- Performs a thorough assessment, evaluation, and documentation of patient's level of respiratory function in response to therapy.
- Develops and implements an individualized treatment plan in consultation with the physician and interdisciplinary team to promote optimal respiratory function related to the patient's potential.
- Provides respiratory services in accordance with plan of care in a safe, timely manner.
- Instructs and consults with patients and caregiver in appropriate respiratory care procedures and techniques appropriate to their age and needs.
- Consults with physicians, other health care works and caregivers as needed regarding patient progress, problems and plans.
- Recommends appropriate interagency and intra-agency referrals.
- Provides educational programs for CCH staff members.
- Assists in the referral process when a patient requires additional rehabilitation after discharge and completes in full the discharge plan on each patient.
- Participates in peer review and quality improvement process, as directed.
- Supervises support staff and delegates duties where appropriate.
- Recommends appropriate interagency duties where appropriate.
- Goal setting based on needs of hospice patient/family.
- Communication of information to appropriate IDT/IDG members.
- Participates in Quality Assessment and Performance Improvement Activities.
- Associate's degree or graduate of an approved respiratory therapist program.
- NBRC (National Board of Respiratory Care) credentialed as Certified Respiratory Therapist (CRT) with two (2 ) years' experience (at least one year acute care and one year home care field experience).
- HSP CCH Respiratory Therapist November 2018
- Current state license for Respiratory Care Practitioner.
- Licensed driver with reliable automobile which is insured in accordance with state law.
- NBRC (National Board of Respiratory Care) credentialed as Registered Respiratory Therapist (RRT) with acute care and home care field experience
Amedisys is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, pregnancy, marital status, national origin, citizenship status, disability, military status, sexual orientation, genetic predisposition or carrier status or any other legally protected characteristic.