The Clinical Hospice Liaison is a clinical liaison position between health care providers to ensure continuity of care for patients transitioning from a facility to hospice environment. The position has the following general responsibilities:
- After receipt of a referral for hospice services the Clinical Hospice Liaison will assess the medical needs of the potential hospice patient and ensure that all necessary orders, documentation and collaboration between the referral source, the physician and the care center have been completed prior to the patients acceptance into hospice services
- Discussing the hospice benefit with patient/caregiver and having conversations with them regarding terminal illness, death and dying, palliative care where applicable and comfort care and symptom management
- Developing the referral relationships of the care center within the community, in accordance with Amedisys policies and procedures.
Must meet one of the following qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree in with one (1 ) year experience in sales.
- One (1 ) year successful sales experience within the healthcare industry.
Current, unencumbered Registered Nurse license in the state of service. LPN, MSW, LCSW, PT, OT, SLP and PA are considered in some cases
Proven track record of developing and maintaining relationships within a competitive marketplace.
- Previous hospice outreach experience
- Bachelor's degree in business, management, nursing, or healthcare