What will your job look like?
- You will serve as Expert of Amdocs Ordering solution within the installed applications and provides technical support and guidance during solution design for new requirements, problem resolution for critical / complex issues.
- You will have day-to-day interaction with customer for new requirement related to Ordering module, various production issues, translate client requirements to technical specifications, and document technical specifications via impact assessments, interface definitions so that these can be used to design and develop the system desired by the client. Also estimate efforts to develop client requirements and participate in planning activities for release timelines.
- You will ensure code is maintainable, scalable and supportable.
- You will present demos of the software products to stakeholders and internal/external customers, using knowledge of the product/solution and technologies to influence the direction and evolution of the product/solution.
- You will investigate issues by reviewing/debugging code and providing code fixes (analyzes and fixes bugs) and workarounds, will review changes for operability to maintain existing software solutions, will highlight risks and will help mitigate risks from technical aspects.
- You will perform ongoing incremental change requests to existing deployed Amdocs Ordering solution and support delivery of the CRs throughput all the lifecycle of the release.
- You will bring continuous improvements/efficiencies to the software or business processes by utilizing software engineering tools and various innovative techniques and reusing existing solutions. By means of automation, reduces design complexity, reduces time to response, and simplifies the client/end-user experience.
- You will represent/lead discussions related to product/application/modules/team (for example, leads technical design reviews). Builds relationships with internal customers/stakeholders.
In one sentence
Responsible for designs, develops, modifies, debugs and/or maintains software systems, serves as an expert on specific modules, applications or technologies, and deals with complex assignments during the software development life cycle.
All you need is...
- Bachelor's degree in Science/IT/Computing or equivalent
- 5-8 years' experience as a software engineer or a software support engineer
- At least 3 years’ experience in Amdocs Ordering module as SW developer or SW developer Specialist
- Awareness of programming concepts and ability to write software code in at least one programming language
- Excellent product and domain knowledge to attend meetings with customer, to define and finalize requirements, to sign off design documents and to troubleshoot defects/issues in production.
- Clear understanding on what is available out of the box (supported by the Amdocs Product) vs project implementations add-on functionalities.