Medical Receptionist needed for busy practice in Leesburg, VA.
Medical Front Office Responsibilities:
- Patient Check-In -Responsible for all aspects of patient appointment scheduling, insurance verification, creation of new patient charts and maintenance of patient records, scanning and filing patient documents, ensuring complete and accurate information, managing incoming phone calls, timely completion of all assigned tasks.
- Patient Check Out -Provides administrative support for all aspects of closing a patient visit including obtaining insurance authorization, providing financial counseling for patients, posting payments, timely completion of all assigned tasks, mail forwarding tasks and daily document research on an electronic health/medical record system, coordinating with clinical staff in managing in progress services, scheduling return appointments, reviewing and managing incoming documents and tasking to appropriate parties to outstanding requests for information.
Qualified Medical Front Office candidates will possess the following characteristics, skills, and experience:
- At least 2-3 years of medical front office experience
- Excellent phone skills, answering a multi-line phone system
- Experience insurance verification/authorizations/checking benefits and eligibility
- Have EMR experience (preferably Athena)
- Have collection knowledge of co-pays/co-insurance/deductibles and posting payments
- Must be professional, compassionate, and treat patients with respect
- Consistently exercise utmost discretion and diplomacy, while maintaining composure in patient-staff interaction
- Able to deal with a wide array of personalities and a strong team player that gets along well with others.
- Must have excellent communication and customer service skills
- ASC Authorization experience a plus
No evenings, weekends or holidays!
Apply now if you're interested in joining our team.
Ambulatory Surgical Center
Why Work Here?
Busy and established practice, great patients!