Research Associate II, Technology
Ambrx (NASDAQ: AMAM) is a clinical-stage biologics company focused on discovering and developing a novel class of specific and selective engineered precision biologics, using our proprietary platform technology that allows site-specific incorporation of synthetic amino acids (SAAs) into proteins within living cells. Our product candidates are designed to overcome the inherent limitations of conventional conjugation approaches that use non-site-specific conjugation, in order to optimize for safety and efficacy benefits across multiple therapeutic classes in broad therapeutic areas.
Ambrx is seeking a highly motivated Research Associate to join the Discovery Group. The primary responsibility is to support multiple oncology and immune-oncology projects from discovery to the preclinical phase. The candidate will work in a multidisciplinary and dynamic team environment to help with discovery and develop precision engineered biological drugs that change patients’ lives.
- Work in the Discovery Group to support multiple discovery projects to expand Ambrx’s early pipeline
- Build DNA constructs for various formats of biological therapeutics
- Collaborate seamlessly with cell culture group to quickly deliver protein material for discovery projects
- Generate recombinant stable cell lines for assay development and preclinical animal models
- Develop and perform in vitro biological assays to characterize drug candidates
- MS degree with 0-4 years of experience, or BS degree with 2-4 years of experience, in the biotech and /or pharmaceutical industry
- Prior experience or good knowledge in molecular biology, especially in cloning, PCR, and vector construction
- Prior experience or good knowledge in recombinant protein expression in a wide variety of systems (bacterial, mammalian cells)
- Prior experience in aseptic tissue culture, in vitro biological assays, ELISA desirable
- Prior experience working with oncology and immune-oncology therapeutic proteins and translational science is a plus
- Demonstrated passion to learn and advance new technology
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively in a matrixed team environment
- Good oral/ written communication and strong problem-solving skills
The pay scale for this position is annualized at: $ 65,000 to $ 80,000, commensurate with experience. We believe this to be possible compensation for this role at the time of this posting, and we may modify this pay scale in the future.
Powered by JazzHR
Ambrx, Inc.La Jolla, CA
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.