Property Manager I is responsible for the overall operation and success of the real property asset. Property Managers maintain property occupancy by advertising and filling vacancies; negotiating and enforcing leases; maintaining and securing the premises.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS STATEMENT(S)
- Accomplishes financial objectives by collecting rents; paying bills; forecasting requirements’ preparing an annual budget; scheduling expenditures; analyzing variances; initiating corrective action.
- Establishes rental rate by surveying local rental rates; calculating overhead costs, and profit goals.
- Creates marketing plan.
- Attracts residents by advertising vacancies; obtaining referrals from current residents; explaining advantages of location and services; showing units.
- Contracts with residents by negotiating leases; collecting security deposits.
- Maintains property by investigating and resolving resident complaints; enforcing rules of occupancy; inspecting vacant units and completing repairs; planning renovations; contracting with landscaping and snow removal services.
- Maintains building systems by contracting for maintenance services; supervising repairs.
- Secures property as appropriate by contracting with security patrol service; installing and maintaining security devices establishing and enforcing precautionary policies and procedures; responding to emergencies, etc. as directed by owner.
- Enforces occupancy policies and procedures.
- Prepares reports by collecting, analyzing and summarizing data and trends.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Responsible for lease administration; preparing lease agreements, conduct file audits, ensure lease files are complete and orderly.
- Maintain and process files as required to maintain program compliance with program funding.
Education: Experience in LIHTC property management required. Associate’s degree (A.A.) from a vocational school, college or university or job related experience preferred. Must demonstrate literacy in the English language including reading.
Experience: One to two years related experience and/or training preferred.
Computer Skills: Working knowledge of; Microsoft Office Suite, Property Management software (i.e. One-Site, Real Page)
Certificates & Licenses: Valid State Issued Drivers’ License, Apartment Manager’s License when required by State Law, and Real Estate License when required by State Law. Certification in property management is a plus; CPM, CAM, CAPS, etc.
Other Requirements: Authorized to work in the United States