Ambler Metals LLC Ambler, AK
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
The Geotechnician will provide assistance to geologists and engineers in preparing/processing drill core for further analysis, assist in geochemical and geophysical field work, and collect and record geotechnical information from drill core.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
Collect and record geotechnical information from diamond drill core and soil or rock sample locations
Accurately measure, mark, and record core sample's measurements
Accurately assess core orientation marks and draw orientation line on drill core
Photograph core and organize core photographs
Catalog information and enter data into a computer for further data processing
Move and organize full diamond drill core boxes for logging and sampling
Transport and store drill core storage boxes using a Bobcat
Assemble core storage boxes
May assist with geologic and geophysical fieldwork, which may include soil sampling, rock sampling, geologic mapping, and laying geophysical wire.
Practice established safety procedures and contribute to our preemptive safety program
EDUCATION, SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- High School diploma or GED preferred
- Exploration camp experience preferred
- General computer skills including Excel and Word preferred
- The individual should be focused, self-motivation and well organized
- Good communication skills, legible hand writing and capable of basic mathematical calculations
- Ability to repetitively lift and carry 35 pounds.
- Ability to work around heavy equipment and helicopters
- Comfortable traveling in and work around helicopters and small fixed wing aircraft.
- Able to traverse alpine arctic terrain, tolerate adverse weather, at ease in a remote camp setting
- Required to remain on-site throughout rotation. A typical schedule consists of a 20/10 rotation, 12+ hours per day
- During off-field season, work five 8-hour days a week, preferably at the Fairbanks Office
- Periodic travel for corporate meetings, conferences, and technical and safety training
- May be required to work in arctic conditions during the winter months
- Travel to site may be via small fixed-wing aircraft or boat. Travel on site and surrounding areas is by four-wheel drive vehicles, all-terrain vehicles, and rotary-winged aircraft
- Exposure to inclement weather conditions (including snow, rain, wind as well as extremely warm or cold conditions) is common
- Will be subject to all Company policies, including drug and alcohol screening. Pre-employment drug screening and background checks are required
Job Posted by ApplicantPro