Geologist - Core Logger
Ambler Metals LLC Ambler, AK
- Expired: February 26, 2021. Applications are no longer accepted.
Reporting to the Exploration Manager, the Geologist will gather and evaluate geologic data advancing the Upper Kobuk Mineral Projects resource development and property exploration.
This is a seasonal position.
Key responsibilities and duties:
- Geological and geotechnical core logging.
- Follow corporate core logging & sampling QA/QC procedures
- Practice established safety procedures and contribute to our preemptive safety program
- Instruct geo-technicians, assist with work, and then monitor data for consistency and quality.
- Observe, map and collect data to advance the property and district geology.
- Provide geologic and engineering field support for drilling activities.
- Geologic field prospecting, mapping, and geochemical field sampling.
- Provide progress and geologic reports. Assist with data management.
- Plot maps, organize files and reports for office, presentations, and field work.
EDUCATION, SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- Completed or working towards a college degree in geology (mineralogy and petrology course work must be completed, additional upper-level work, in structural geology, ore deposits, field methods and field camp are a strong asset.)
- 2-3 years' professional geology experience is an asset. Work in Alaska preferred.
- Familiar with standard Microsoft Office programs; GIS or geologic modeling software an asset.
- The individual should be focused, self-motivated and well organized
- Competent oral, writing, mathematical and scientific skills
- Able to repetitively transport 35 pounds (a loaded core box)
- Comfortable traveling in and work around helicopters and small fixed wing aircraft.
- Able to traverse alpine arctic terrain, tolerate adverse weather, and work at ease in a remote camp setting
WORKING CONDITIONS AND TRAVEL:
Work is primarily based at the Bornite Camp on a 20/10-day rotation. Exposure to inclement weather conditions (including snow, rain, wind as well as extremely warm or cold conditions) is common. Employees are subject to all camp policies, including a drug and alcohol policy. Pre-employment drug screening and background checks are required.
Ambler Metals LLC
ScienceView all jobs at Ambler Metals LLC