We are seeking a Senior Full Stack Java Developer for a contract-to-hire with one of our client's most technically advanced teams. You will be doing Agile development using Java/J2EE, Spring/Hibernate, etc. on an application that uses Grid Computing and Big Data sets. Experience with MongoDB is also a plus.
Daily Responsibilities/Job Description:
- Consult with business users, systems analysts, technical leads and project managers to establish specifications and agree on a timeframe for completion of assigned requests.
- Write a detailed description of user needs, system design, program functions, and steps required to modify computer systems. Review specifications with systems analysts, technical leads and business users to ensure compliance with requirements.
- Analyze, define, and document requirements for data, workflow, logical processes, hardware, operating system environment, interfaces with other systems, internal and external checks and controls, and outputs.
- Develop, Code or modify, test, and debug application programs of varying degrees of complexity. Install applications into production environments following change control processes.
- Work with systems analysts, technical leads and business users to develop and implement an acceptance test plan to ensure that product meets customer requirements and expectations.
- Assist less experienced staff in user specifications, coding, testing, and debugging.
- Maintain regular communication on project status with the Team lead, project management, and IS management.
- Other duties as assigned
Qualifications/years of experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent.
- 5 years of Java development experience.
- Thorough understanding of, and ability to apply, computer software, hardware, and database concepts.
- 3-5 years of Hibernate experience.
- MongoDB experience is a plus.