- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
JOB TITLE: Plant Controller
REPORTS TO: CFO
COMPANY SUMMARY: The future of North America’s food, pet food and specialty feed industries is coming on line in summer 2023. Soon to be an invaluable industry resource, Amber Wave will focus on delivering vital wheat protein ingredients. Based in the Heartland, we will offer a reliable, locally driven partnership you can trust. Our integrated operations will minimize the need for international suppliers, allowing for local, sustainable prosperity. Come be part of this exciting start-up operation featuring state of the art equipment and processes.
POSITION SUMMARY: The Plant Controller is responsible for overseeing the accounting and financial reporting for Amber Wave. The position is responsible for managing the accounting team, the accounting close process, annual audits, ensuring compliance with debt agreements, financial reporting to both senior management and shareholders, and supporting the business in related capacities as required.
LOCATION: Phillipsburg, KS with occasional travel to corporate office in Ames, IA
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Financial close: Responsible for the periodic financial close, including overseeing the accuracy of all accounting transactions in a timely manner and ensuring effective controls are in place.
- Annual audit: Coordination of the annual financial audit including coordinating timing of interim and year-end field work. Verify accounting is completed and presented in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles and ensure that the operating company receives clean audit reports which meet timing expectations of lenders and shareholders.
- Tax preparation & planning: Oversee tax preparation and planning for Amber Wave and prepare tax estimates to communicate to shareholders.
- Ad hoc analysis: Support senior leadership and shareholders with other reporting and miscellaneous projects as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance
- Licensed CPA (preferred active)
- Manufacturing experience
- Experience with Microsoft products (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- At least 7 years of progressive experience, including 2 years in a plant controller or comparable position
- Experience building and leading a highly engaged, world-class team
- A hands-on leader focused on accuracy, efficiency and continuous improvement to guide the organization to a three-day monthly close cycle
- ERP implementation experience
- Experience with developing and documenting accounting practices (development of close checklist, documenting accounting policies, etc.)
- Process manufacturing, agriculture, milling, and/or food manufacturing experience, including standard costing, BOMs, contract management, commodities, and hedging
- Experience with Power BI (or other data visualization tools)
Finance and Insurance
Get fresh Plant Controller jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.