VP of Business Services
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Dion & Sons (“Dion”) a part of the Amber Resources Family of Companies (“Amber”) is one of Southern California’s leading petroleum (fuel and lubricant) distributors. A division of Renewable Energy Group Inc. (“REG”), the enterprise and its affiliated companies have thrived over the course of the pandemic and exceeded $340 million in 2021 total revenue. The division, with headquarter offices in Long Beach, operates 7 facilities across Southern California and operates over 130 delivery trucks. REG, a public traded company, is the nation’s leader in bio-based fuels and is a driving force in the clean energy transition that is taking place in California and the United States. The Amber Resources division is a critical component of REG’s clean energy strategy in California.
Amber Resources is seeking a Vice President of Business Services. This position, reporting to the Executive Director and Divisional General Manager, will manage (in liaison with REG Corporate functional leaders) the organization’s business services functions (human resources, marketing, information technology, safety and purchasing), oversee two specialty businesses, execute the overall company financial planning and analytic efforts and engage in special initiatives. This individual will be an integral part of Amber’s leadership team and will regularly interact with REG corporate business leaders.
The Vice President of Business Services must possess experience managing both the revenue generating and service center functions of a middle market business. This individual will have strong people skills with a proven track record of developing productive, trust-based work relationships. In addition, this individual must be highly analytic, with proven strategic and financial planning skill sets. Lastly, the individual that will thrive in this role must be a driven self-starter, comfortable both leading functions and executing work product.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
· Manage, in liaison with REG Corporate functional leaders, key business services functions including Human Resources, Information Technology, Purchasing, Marketing and Safety. Support functional leaders in each area in enhancing functional capabilities and consistently providing excellent service to revenue centers. Engage with REG corporate functions to ensure alignment, collaboration and integration.
· Oversee two highly profitable, niche revenue producing business segments in the areas of specialty lubricants and race fuels. Partner with business segment general managers to develop and execute strategies and enhance effectiveness and efficiency of segment operations.
· Lead the organization’s financial and analytic capabilities including planning and data analysis with an emphasis on operational analytics. Produce analytic reporting to share insights across the organization. Leverage data analytic insights to develop and implement improvement initiatives across the organization.
· Oversee the ongoing integration of Dion into REG post acquisition (12/30/21). Partner with Dion’s integration program manager to interface with REG integration leaders, coordinate initiatives, manage execution and resolve escalations.
· Participate as a key member of the Dion leadership team to drive organizational growth and profitability. Promote the organization’s strong culture of safety, achievement, respect and enjoyment as a senior leader in the business.
· 7-10 years of leadership/management role(s) in middle market companies including experience managing both revenue generating and business service functions
· Strong strategy and analytic experience and capabilities; Advanced excel modeling skills
· Strong leadership and people management skills
· Self-starter with strong motivation and initiative; This person thrives in an entrepreneurial and fast-paced environment
· Experience in the transportation and/or supply chain industries is a plus
· Masters of Business Administration (MBA) preferred
· Salary commensurate with experience
· Participation in company profit sharing plan
· Full benefits including healthcare, 401k with match and paid holidays and vacation
Amber Resources / Dion & SonsWhy Work Here?
Great Family Owned Company Celebrating 90+ years of Service
Family Owned since 1930,and Now a Part of REG recognized by Shell as its leading lubricant distributor in Southern California and as one of its most successful distributors nationwide. We are also one of Southern California's largest distributors of unbranded fuel to the commercial market.
AddressLong Beach, CA
BusinessView all jobs at Amber Resources / Dion & Sons