Sr. Customer Solutions Manager, National Security , National Security Team
Are you passionate about shaping the future of the National Security by paving the way for innovation through customer advocacy? Do you have the program management and technical acumen to earn trust with executives and project team members alike? Are you a problem solver motivated to foster cloud adoption in alignment with your customer's mission ?
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is seeking a Senior Customer Solutions Manager (CSM) to come join our Worldwide Public Sector National Security team to help customers realize sustained business value by accelerating their cloud transformation journey.
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have twelve employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 16 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team also puts a high value on work-life balance. Striking a healthy balance between your personal and professional life is crucial to your happiness and success here, which is why we aren't focused on how many hours you spend at work or online. Instead, we're happy to offer a flexible schedule so you can have a more productive and well-balanced life-both in and outside of work.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we're building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded professional and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
Key job responsibilities
Working with organizations in all stages of their cloud adoption, Customer Solutions Managers (CSMs) are advocates guiding customers through the value realization, enablement, and governance of their cloud transformation journey.
Value Realization: You identify and accelerate the customer's realization of value throughout the cloud lifecycle through the adoption of AWS services, AWS partner solutions, AWS best practices, and other.
Enablement: You help customers achieve organizational cloud readiness, cloud fluency and cloud skills through skills guilds, experience-based accelerators, training partners, and other.
Governance: You establish and mature operating models / structures to drive scale and long-term success through the application of AWS frameworks and mechanisms.
A day in the life
Empowered by an inclusive environment, work/life harmony, and career advancement, you are a member of a diverse, global community of Customer Solutions Managers (CSM) who deliver cloud solutions that influence business and IT transformation for our customers. Day-to-day, you will balance your time between directly engaging with customers, partners, internal AWS teams and services to help our customers on their journey in the AWS Cloud.
You will work across AWS to apply your technical, business, and program management expertise to solve some of the most complex and challenging technology problems for our customers.
Working backwards from the customer, you will define opportunities and understand associated business and technical risks that are strategic to the customer's cloud journey including large-scale migrations, data analytics, digital transformation and innovation, business agility and other.
You will influence technical stakeholders, partner with cross-functional teams and pre/post sales to drive detailed discussions seeking alignment to deliver cloud adoption and migration strategies with, and on behalf of your customer.
You create, manage, and deliver business and technology projects navigating risks or roadblocks and can execute in an ambiguous and changing environment.
You will serve as the customer's cloud journey coach and be the voice of the customer within AWS,
evangelizing customer needs to AWS leadership, product, and engineering teams
To support the evolution of the AWS customer experience and/or Customer Solutions Manager discipline, you are expected to share best practice learnings into a reusable asset for internal re-use.
Seeking a candidate who is willing to pass the Certified Solution Architect, Associate level within the first year of employment.
This position may require 10%- 15% travel dependent on geo and time of year.
This position requires that the candidate selected be a US Citizen and must currently possess and maintain an active TS/SCI security clearance with polygraph.
About the team
Worldwide Public Sector CSMs are advocates that help customers invent and build in the cloud.
• Working backwards from the Customer- we dive deep to understand context, vision, and strategic goals to proactively guide and accelerate cloud journeys.
• Guided by Facts and Data - through our expertise, we inform priorities and influence the customer, AWS service, best practice and industry solution opportunities.
• Focus on Excellence - we take pride in our knowledge and expertise in bringing the best solutions forward to achieve customer outcomes.
• Simplification and Agility - we bring clarity to complexity and enable experience-based learning and iterative approaches to demonstrate results and value.
• Inclusion, Diversity & Equity - we take intentional actions to support our authentic selves, celebrate diverse perspectives, and ensure opportunities for growth are available to all.
We are open to hiring candidates to work out of one of the following locations:
Herndon, VA, USA
• 8+ years of experience driving technology initiatives including 5+ years of customer-facing experience delivering technology enabled transformations
• Experience in project management and delivery and/or program-management
• Demonstrated technical breadth in AWS and/or Cloud fundamentals
• Effective communication skills (active-listening, verbal, written, and presentation) including progress updates, risk management, execution planning, metrics establishment / tracking, presentations, technical content, public speaking and white papers
• Current, active US Government Security Clearance of TS/SCI with Polygraph.
• Experience in external customer-facing role(s) within National Security
• AWS certification(s) and/or other cloud provider certification(s)
• 1+ years of experience implementing AWS/cloud services
• PMP or project management related certification (SCRUM/Agile, Princee2, PgMP, Six Sigma, SAFe etc.)
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Get fresh Sr. Customer Solutions Manager, National Security , National Security Team jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.