This is a 100% Remote role supporting Amazon's Boston office.
Exciting things are in store for Amazon in 2020!
At Amazon People Tech, we are building the future of work across Amazon and finding new ways to make our business run smoother, faster, and smarter.
How do you match the skills and preferences of millions of candidates and employees to Amazon’s continuously changing business? How can you use machine learning to streamline everyday processes? How do you connect employees to the resources they need with one click? Come and help us solve big, complex problems like these, and engineer technology that enhances the working lives of over 750,000 Amazonians around the world!
It’s an opportunity to impact every area of Amazon, from warehouse operations to the onboarding process. You will leverage innovation from across the business, using tools from Amazon Web Services and others. And because our users are fellow Amazonians, you will be able to invent, improve, and simplify products at rapid pace.
You are a passionate, experienced software developer. You have a focus on "Customer Obsession", and want to build something new rather than just maintain someone else’s code.
Take "Ownership", and express enthusiasm in never being satisfied with the status quo
Can "Dive Deep" and is never out of touch with the details of the business or the technology
"Insist on the Highest Standards", and expects innovation of her/his team
You are a motivated partner who has the expertise to "Deliver Results".
"Earn Trust", and can inspire passion in others!
- 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
- Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
- 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field
- Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design
- Computer Science fundamentals in data structures
- Computer Science fundamentals in algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis
- Knowledge of at least one modern programming language, such as C++, Java, C, or C#
- Minimum of 2 years’ industry experience as a software development engineer
- Deep hands-on technical expertise
- Business and Technical Vision
- Understand software development in a team, and experience with shipping software on time
- Customer relationship skills including the ability to discover the true requirements underlying feature requests, recommend alternative technical and business approaches, and lead engineering efforts to meet timelines
AMAZON BENEFITS AT A GLANCE
- Amazon Stock (RSU's)
- Comprehensive healthcare plans
- PTO and family leave
- 401K Retirement
- Maternity and paternity leave
- Amazon.com discount