Project Engineer, Data Center Construction
As a Data Center Project Engineer, you will be a part of a creative, diverse team tasked with solving fascinating problems constructing Amazon Data Centers. Our data centers are industry examples of energy efficient, cost-effective designs. You will work alongside partner teams such as Operations, Networking, Controls, Security, and Commissioning to build Data Centers that directly support our Customers.
As our Data Center Project Engineer, you will support the teams that build some of the most interesting electrical and mechanical systems in the world. You will be on the construction site, daily interacting with the construction managers and stakeholders and be directly responsible for supporting the fast, high-quality delivery of our data center construction. The Data Center Project Engineer will be part of the onsite Construction Management team and will own the communication coordination with our vendors, information workflow, and coordination of document management including requests for information (RFI), change orders, report, and schedule updates.
At Amazon, we are all Owners and leverage unique opportunities presented to us by owning everything from the design review to construction bidding to construction execution and final hand-off to our customers. We are a diverse, upbeat, creative, team of engineers and managers working on a daily basis to develop innovative data centers for our Customers.
The Data Center Project Engineer will be responsible for:
- Establishing communication and coordination across a data center region's general contractors, stakeholders, and internal teams. Example includes sending out region wide changes to construction trailer setup, COVID-19 testing procedures, or location to access documents.
- Develop and maintain a tracking system for design changes, RFI's (requests for information), and change orders and dashboard and track this information for regional leadership review. Include tracking status of priority and due dates.
- Requesting and reviewing MOPs (Method of Procedure) for proper detail, necessity, and risk.
- Onboarding new vendors for badging and orientation.
- Updating project management software with milestone dates, correspondence, and documents.
- Monitor delivery of owner furnished material to site.
- Compiling and storing construction data from vendors.
- Managing checklist including various checklists including substantial completion checks, safety, and quality.
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
We are open to hiring candidates to work out of one of the following locations:
Herndon, VA, USA
How can the hiring manager reach you?
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.