Data Center Controls Technician, AWS AMER Controls
The Data Center Global Controls team is looking for exceptional individuals to join our Controls organization as a Controls Technician for Service & Construction of the Building Management Systems (BMS) and Electrical Power Monitoring System (EPMS) within Amazon data centers. If you are passionate about the Customer Experience, think and act globally and have the ability to contribute to major new innovations in the area of building controls and automation this is the challenge you are looking for!
The candidate will possess technical background and experience in installation, troubleshooting, operations and/or maintenance of field sensors, controllers, wiring, networking and programming associated with the industrial controls systems. The candidate may also have relevant experience operating and maintaining mission critical electrical and mechanical systems. A Controls Technician shall be responsible for participating in the installation, testing, troubleshooting and startup of equipment and controls system associated with the BMS and EPMS system deployment in the data centers. A Controls Technician is expected to actively innovate on behalf of their customers in the area of Data Center building automation.
Role Responsibilities and Requirements:
• Primarily work in and support multiple Data Centers by Deploying, Servicing, and Upgrading BMS and EPMS systems.
• Mentor and train Facilities team members on operation and control of the BMS and EPMS systems.
• Audit, maintain, and manage computer enterprise asset management systems for BMS and EPMS installations
• Manage small to medium size projects and programs.
• Perform point to point checkouts between field devices and controllers.
• Perform first-line diagnostics, troubleshooting and maintenance of programming code and hardware associated with the BMS and EPMS in data centers.
• Perform provisioning process for servers, controllers, industrial PCs and network configurations and communication testing between third party devices and controllers or servers.
• Installation, replacement, configuration, and calibration of sensors.
• Able to read and understand Electrical schematics, control panel drawings. Basic understanding of close loop controls, field sensors scaling, and functions typically performed by industrial controllers.
• Supervise low voltage electrical contractors who performing wiring and installation of field devices in compliance with AWS requirements.
• Commissioning and systems level testing support.
• Create red-lined drawings and documentation of systems.
• Follow change management process to generate work requests and method of procedures.
• Participate in Factory witnessed tests at vendor's or panel builder's facility.
• Perform other tasks as assigned by manager.
• Recommend design improvements based on consultation with users and system operation.
• Perform root cause analysis during testing and commissioning.
• Ensure all personnel on site utilize proper safety methodology.
• Work on-call and a rotating schedule when required and respond to after-hours emergencies.
• Perform service activities such as monitoring/reviewing ticketing systems, performing root cause analysis, and prioritizing tasks.
• Actively manage service agreements to include vendor labor scheduling, quality assurance, and financial invoice review.
• Walk jobsites in uneven terrain and work at heights and from ladders.
• Regularly walk, use hands and fingers, handle or feel, reach with hands and arms, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl.
• On occasions, lift and/or move up to 49 pounds; and participate in group lifts for 50 pounds or more.
We are open to hiring candidates to work out of one of the following locations:
Herndon, VA, USA
• Technical (Military/ Trade School) School diploma or Associate degree with one year experience related to industrial instrumentation/controls or equivalent electrical or mechanical operations experience.
• Minimum one year of experience working with computer components and operating systems.
• Minimum one year of experience with mission critical low and medium voltage electrical and/or mechanical systems.
• Basic understanding of Industrial controls system, controllers, and programming including troubleshooting of industrial controls analog, discrete and networked input/output field signals.
• One-year experience working in a Data Center or mission critical environment.
• Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or relevant discipline.
• International Society of Automation (ISA) Certified Controls System Technician (CCST) Level I or higher certification.
• Fundamental knowledge of network design and layout as well as low voltage (copper/ fiber) cabling.
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is the world's most comprehensive and broadly adopted cloud
platform. We pioneered cloud computing and never stopped innovating - that's why customers
from the most successful startups to Global 500 companies trust our robust suite of products and
services to power their businesses.
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at AWS, it's in our nature to learn and be curious. Our employee-led affinity groups foster
a culture of inclusion that empower us to celebrate our differences. Ongoing events and learning
experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender
diversity) conferences, inspire us to never stop embracing our uniqueness.
We value work-life harmony. Achieving success at work should never come at the expense of
sacrifices at home, which is why flexible work hours and arrangements are part of our culture.
When we feel supported in the workplace and at home, there's nothing we can't achieve in the
Mentorship & Career Growth
We have a career path for you no matter what stage you're in when you start here. We're continuously raising our performance bar as we strive to become Earth's Best Employer.
That's why you'll find endless knowledge-sharing, mentorship and other career-advancing
resources here to help you develop into a better-rounded professional.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
How can the hiring manager reach you?
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.