Amatus Health Riverdale, GA
- Posted: over a month ago
- $30 Hourly
- Benefits: 401k, dental, life insurance, medical, vision
Job Type: Fulltime Day Shift & Fulltime Nights
Qualifications: GA (or compact state) RN license
Full Job Description: Atlanta Detox Center/Atlanta Center for Mental Health is premier 42-bed inpatient detox, substance abuse, and mental health residential in Riverdale, GA. We approach patient care from a holistic recovery approach, paying attention to the complex needs of our patients. We take a unique approach to recovery and wellness - utilizing both group and individual therapy, pharmacology, bio-feedback therapy, pet therapy, community work, and more.
We are currently seeking registered nurses who understand the special touch that psych/detox patients require. The ideal candidate will have the following qualities:
· Compassion towards people in recovery and in mental health treatment
· Excellent nursing judgement
· Willingness to work with clients of all backgrounds and populations
· Patience with client population
· Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
· Willingness to learn new skills
· Self-starter and problem solver
· Psych/Detox experience a major plus but passion for working with this population is a requirement!
· We are a new grad friendly facility!
Job Duties include:
· Taking and recording daily client vital signs and assessments
· Administering medications and treatments as per provider protocol
· Educating clients on their treatment and healthcare as needed
· Potential designation as charge nurse for shifts
· Recording client observations and reporting to provider as needed
· Compassionately interacting with client population to encourage engagement in treatment
· Maintain a safe and sanitary environment
· Attends staff trainings and meetings as required by employer
· Communicating with pharmacy as needed
· Completing patient nursing admissions not limited to: intake surveys, blood draws, TB testing, Genesight swabbing
· Follows all policies and procedures with regard to patient information protection, including alcohol-drug patient confidentiality and HIPAA
· Other duties as assigned
· Graduate of an accredited school of nursing with at least an Associates in Nursing and current licensure in GA as an R.N.
· Able to read, analyze, and interpret policies and directions, and present information effectively, both orally and written
· Ability to deal with both chemically dependent and individuals in psychiatric care in a non-judgmental, compassionate fashion
· Demonstrated ability to establish effective working relationships with other staff as well as with referral sources
· Job requires regular sitting, standing, walking, stooping, bending, kneeling, crouching, reaching, pushing, pulling, twisting, writing, etc. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to: sit; use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, implements or office equipment; talk and hear; stand and walk, reach with hands and arms; stoop or kneel. Employee must occasionally lift up to 50 pounds and occasionally be able to assist an adult weighing 100-200 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close, distance and color vision and the ability to adjust focus.
· Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions from a wide variety of data and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
· Experience worked with people in recovery or in mental heath treatment a plus, professionally, or personally!
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT: Job offer is contingent upon results of pre-employment drug screen, background check, and compliance with TB test requirements. Atlanta Detox Center/Atlanta Center for Mental Health is a drug-free workplace, and all employees are subject to random, as well as for cause, drug screening. Employees must show no evidence of misuse of alcohol or other drugs while employed by Atlanta Detox Center/Atlanta Center for Mental Health.
Amatus Health is a leader in substance use and mental health treatment, offering comprehensive care for every individual. At each of our centers we treat the physical, mental, and spiritual aspects of the disease of addiction, while beyond treating making an impact on every part of our clients lives. Taking extra steps allows us to help clients heal, conquer addiction, and begin to thrive again.
277 Medical Way RiverdaleRiverdale, GA