Intake Specialist 2nd shift
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Midwest Detox Center is looking for an Intake Coordinator to join their stellar team! The purpose of an Intake Coordinator is to work alongside the clinical and operations team to ensure all clients are signed into the program, oriented to the program, received all the essential program information, and document all of the process through the company EHR. Hours are Second shift 4pm-12am with 3 week rotating schedule
- CDCA required
- Preferred 1+ year of experience working in behavioral health.
- Preferred bachelor level SUD certification (LADC Equivalent) or CRSW/CADC.
- Knowledge of addictions and mental health complications.
- Knowledge of community health resources that support life improvement in physical, emotional, mental and spiritual health, economic security, employment, positive social and family interdependence and positive cultural identity
- Knowledge of emergency procedures used in case of alcohol and/or drug overdose.
- Knowledge of the stages of alcohol and other drug withdrawals and ability to take appropriate action at each stage.
- Flexibility to adapt to schedule changes and assumption of responsibilities not delineated in the job description which are related to work as a member of an addiction treatment team.
- Prepare all admission paperwork prior to the patients' arrival
- Meet with all patients upon arrival to complete intake packet, including, consents, authorizations, releases of information, policy acknowledgements, etc.
- Complete the initial introduction treatment plan with all new patients.
- Provide a patient Handbook explaining the program, expectations, rules, and rights. Ensure the patient understands all program safety measures, emergency management, infection control measures, and the schedule of the program.
- Meet with families at time of admission, answer any questions / concerns
- Collect any payments at time of admission as requested. Forward all collections and associated documentation to business office
- Complete and update forms in operating platforms with patients
- If eligible, assist the clinical team with intake assessments and evaluations.
- Assist in ACA/AMA blocking with the Clinical and Operations department.
- Understand patient funds, including, but not limited to, running the credit cards, sending receipts, charting the transactions, and keeping the patient's account positive.
- Maintain a basic understanding of health insurance benefits, health insurance terms, and other payment methods that are used for our organization.
- Report to the Director of Operation or Director of Clinical Programming for all emergencies and/or concerns.
- Complete all assigned documentation in a neat, accurate and timely manner.
- Complete incident reports according to policy in a timely, accurate manner.
- Communicate with other staff as necessary to promote quality patient care.
- Participate in maintaining clean, properly supplied and efficient work areas.
- Interact appropriately with patients, showing them respect while maintaining boundaries.
- Always maintain professional demeanor.
- Exercise sound professional judgment and seek assistance as necessary to effectively manage patient behavior.
- Protect the privacy of all patient information in accordance with the organization's privacy policies, procedures and practices, as required by federal and state law, and in accordance with general principle of professionalism as a health care provider. Failure to comply with the organization's policies and procedures on patient privacy may result in disciplinary action up to and including termination of employment.
- May access protected health information (PHI) and other patent information only to the extent that is necessary to complete your job duties. The incumbent may only share such information with those who have a need to know specific patient information you have in your possession to complete their job responsibilities related to treatment, payment or other company operations.
- Report any concerns regarding company policies and procedures on patient privacy and any observed practices in violation of the policy to their supervisor.
HealthcareView all jobs at Amatus Health