- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
The purpose of a Group Facilitator is to work alongside the clinical team to ensure we are facilitating effective groups to our patients with SUD and Mental Health Diagnoses.
Hours: Sunday through Thursday
- College degree from accredited university
- 2+ years' experience working in behavioral health
- CDCA required
- Knowledge of addictions and mental health complications.
- Knowledge of community health resources that support life improvement in physical, emotional, mental and spiritual health, economic security, employment, positive social and family interdependence and positive cultural identity
- Knowledge of emergency procedures used in case of alcohol and/or drug overdose
- Knowledge of the stages of alcohol and other drug withdrawals and ability to take appropriate action at each stage.
- Knowledge of Federal, State and Municipal laws and/or regulations that regulate the treatment of alcoholism and drug addiction
- Flexibility to adapt to schedule changes and assumption of responsibilities not delineated in the job description which are related to work as a member of an addiction treatment team.
- Reinforce stated treatment goals and objectives that are measurable.
- Participate effectively in multidisciplinary treatment plan reviews, demonstrating adequate preparation and understanding of patient issues, progress, areas of resistance, positive and negative strategies, etc.
- Document the patients' progress accurately as it relates to treatment goals and objectives.
- Assist patients in gaining group process skills.
- Address problem behaviors.
- Utilize experiential techniques effectively.
- Conduct educational groups effectively.
- Adhere to time schedules.
- Assist patients in understanding treatment goals.
- Give patients a clear picture of where he/she stands with regard to progress toward recovery as seen by the therapist and the multidisciplinary treatment team.
- Bond with patients and elicit respect.
- Adapt to different types of patients.
- Be effective in finding needed resources.
- Ensure clinical documentation is completed timely to include general and DAP notes
- Accurately share information in team meetings.
- Assist in ACA/AMA blocking with the Clinical and Operations department.
- Report to the Clinical Director or Director of Clinical Programming for all emergencies and/or concerns
- Remind patients of the program rules and regulations as necessary and report infractions appropriately.
- Complete all assigned documentation in a neat, accurate and timely manner.
- Communicate with other staff as necessary to promote quality patient care.
- Interact appropriately with patients, showing them respect while maintaining boundaries.
- Always maintain professional demeanor.
- Exercise sound professional judgment and seek assistance as necessary to effectively manage patient behavior.
- Protect the privacy of all patient information in accordance with the organization's privacy policies, procedures and practices, as required by federal and state law, and in accordance with general principle of professionalism as a health care provider.
- May access protected health information (PHI) and other patent information only to the extent that is necessary to complete your job duties. The incumbent may only share such information with those who have a need to know specific patient information you have in your possession to complete their job responsibilities related to treatment, payment or other company operations
- Report any concerns regarding company policies and procedures on patient privacy and any observed practices in violation of the policy to their supervisor
Arts and EntertainmentView all jobs at Amatus Health