Behavioral Health Technician -Sober Living - 3rd shift
Amatus Health Toledo, OH
- Posted: over a month ago
A Behavioral Health Technician is the liaison between client and clinical - whose priority is to assist in providing a safe environment for individuals in recovery. This is more than a job - it could be the beginning of your career!
As a BHT, you'll assist in the intake process and transportation needs for clients, answer client questions, and help clients adjust to the program routine. You'll observe and report to the medical staff any changes in a client's physical or mental condition and make sure their safety and wellbeing is #1!
- A High School diploma or GED
- 1+ Years experience in Mental Health Field (or corresponding college coursework) - preferable
- Ability and desire to keep patients safe at all times
- Professional demeanor and strong work ethic
Expectations of the role:
- Establish and maintain healthy relationships with the patients.
- Assist with the admission process on new patient admissions and orientation procedures and schedules.
- Maintain constant and clear communication during a client admit.
- Complete timely and accurate shift reports and checklists at the end of each shift.
- Facilitate orientation groups or meetings with patients.
- De-escalate and assist with patients leaving treatment AMA/ACA and other patient problems.
- Know how many patients are on property and where they are at all times by completing que checks.
- Monitor family visits to ensure patient safety.
- Assist the medical department to monitor the patients during "medication pass" times. (if applies)
- Keep all properties and office spaces cleaned. During downtime, ensure the general areas are free of objects and clutter.
- Ensure all properties are maintained and cleaned at all times.
- Participate in all staff meetings and trainings as scheduled.
- Exercise sound professional judgment and seek assistance as necessary to effectively manage patients.
- Protect the privacy of all patient information in accordance with the organization's privacy policies, procedures and practices, as required by federal and state law, and in accordance with general principle of professionalism as a health care provider.
Backed by Amatus Health as the parent company, you'll enjoy medical, dental, and vision benefits and a generous 401(k) match, and have a large family of other recovery center facilities to connect with and advance in your career! APPLY TODAY!
At Amatus Health, we are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy (including childbirth, lactation and related medical conditions), national origin, age, physical and mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information (including characteristics and testing), military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Amatus Health believes that diversity and inclusion among our team is critical to our success as a company, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool.
HealthcareView all jobs at Amatus Health